Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: BGS = POS :(

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:16 am

Mouse wrote:SO in Priva Priva Empire Group is at 30 something percent and in control. Bcats and Cartu EMpire Group ( They are trying to expand into Priva) are at war and have been for days.. Bcats have dropped 2 more percent and Cartu raised. A CZ finally spawned so I went into one for the first time. After over an hour of fighting and numerous Cartu dead... nothing has changed.. and because empire controls the only station no CZ bonds >.>

I'm afraid that all you can do in CZs at the moment is to try to raise your faction's profile: you can't win as I've found to my cost. I've had this problem twice in the same system, first in early 1.4 and now in 1.5 and it's getting rather tedious.

You can get Combat Missions at any station where your faction has a presence; it's just that, currently, there are more missions trading hens' teeth. They will also let you back into the station to claim Combat Bonds, even if you've destroyed half their navy - it's the only way to make progess.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Right, but from what I understand, you can kill 4543456 ships in the CZ, but only the mission that asked you to kill 3 enemies counts toward helping your faction in the civil war.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:42 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Right, but from what I understand, you can kill 4543456 ships in the CZ, but only the mission that asked you to kill 3 enemies counts toward helping your faction in the civil war.

No - all kills go towards your chosen faction's status. Combat missions add that little bit extra.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:12 am

I thought one of the devs said that only missions to kill ships in the cz can help win a civil war. *shrug*
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:14 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:I thought one of the devs said that only missions to kill ships in the cz can help win a civil war. *shrug*

I believe he would have been specifically referring to missions. In other words, running a fruit and veg mission won't influence the factions while there's a war on. Though personally i rather like the idea of cut up oranges and bananas during a cease fire ;)

Return to “General Assembly”