Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Influence

Postby evovi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:50 am

Been doing some reading, am I right in thinking that OoM will be heading into a civil war? The way The bgs works is there will be attempts to lessen our power/control/influence and if we win the civil war, then we can expand Into other systems?

If so, are we ready for civil war? I've not done anything in cz's other than drop out of SC and then quickly about face and run as I didn't fancy the chances of survival in my starter sidewinder..

TomoRosso

Re: Influence

Postby TomoRosso » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 am

evovi wrote:Been doing some reading, am I right in thinking that OoM will be heading into a civil war

No, civil wars happen when the influences of two factions of different types are level (or pass as one gains and the other loses) or when a faction that does not own a station/platform reaches 70%+ and even then they don't always trigger (BGS bugs).

Expansions occur when a faction has attained sufficient influence in its own system, there doesn't seem to be any definitive figure (though it appears to be anywhere between 70-85%) and may be dependent on the surrounding systems distance/economy/size etc.

serious96
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NISAETUS BARTELSI

Postby serious96 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:06 pm

A slight out of topic, but it's still about influence i think, from this topic https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82298
a minor faction can get a new ship in their shipyard and a discount at that. CMIIW
can we make it happen for RM? maybe not a new ship but transform RM to high tech and large population, thought i believe that will be kind of long term goal.
But what i want to say are, maybe we can make vision of RM and the other station in our home system to be more unique.

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm

serious96 wrote:A slight out of topic, but it's still about influence i think, from this topic https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82298
a minor faction can get a new ship in their shipyard and a discount at that. CMIIW
can we make it happen for RM? maybe not a new ship but transform RM to high tech and large population, thought i believe that will be kind of long term goal.
But what i want to say are, maybe we can make vision of RM and the other station in our home system to be more unique.

There is currently no mechanism in the BGS for changing the economy type of a system and as far as I recall that link was in regards to a CG when 1.3 came out.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 pm

The goal should be to take over large population hi tech systems... No need to change our own.

Perhaps take over jameson memorial? Take over the cradle of the pilots federation and restore the PF to its original values
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:48 pm

pargyrak wrote:Perhaps take over jameson memorial? Take over the cradle of the pilots federation and restore the PF to its original values

LOL now that would be FUN :D

Might get a wee bit of 'resistance' though ;)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:
pargyrak wrote:Perhaps take over jameson memorial? Take over the cradle of the pilots federation and restore the PF to its original values

LOL now that would be FUN :D

Might get a wee bit of 'resistance' though ;)

We are The Order. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated :mrgreen:
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

serious96
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NISAETUS BARTELSI

Postby serious96 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:12 pm

TomoRosso wrote:There is currently no mechanism in the BGS for changing the economy type of a system and as far as I recall that link was in regards to a CG when 1.3 came out.

I see, there is still a lot of thing i don't know about BGS.

pargyrak wrote:We are The Order. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated :mrgreen:

Long Live The Order!!!

PS: maybe we need to create a general topic for fun

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Shoosh!

Nothing to see here, move along, nothing to see ;)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Assembly”