Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: [HOW TO] Join the Order of Mobius forum-group

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm

TorTorden wrote:Having played eve online for more than half a decade I definetely see what you are thinking, in my experience in any group with more than say 7-9 members you will start to see cliques form, thats honestly just human nature.
And we have at least a few major cliques already, those of us here on the elitepve forum, those on the TS server (suprisingly little overlap)

Then again Mobius pve isn't much of a community in and of itself, its simply a game mechanic used by the founder to say "hey wanna play nice with people?" and that's it.
Granted simply sending a join request to Mobius acts as a litmus test in dedication to the game, there are many many others who just dont read forums, be them FD's own, reddit this or many many more are usually much more dedicated gamers than those who buy ED, say cool play for 20-30 hours and never logs in again, heck out of the 13000+ Mobius members, barely more than 3000 has signed up for this forum thats about 23% of those who joined mobius.

Anyhoo, I digress and I think I lost my own point along the line.
Oh, yes, since the group play mode really isn't anything defined further than "PVE", the ingame faction "The Order of Mobius" will have to be something quite different than group play mode, for starters we already cross all modes of play since this is running off the same backround sim (broken as it may be)

As for the addition of the TOoM forum group is perhaps more a case of the forum boards own mechanics than anything more planned, having a forum group like this allows to set additional mods and a few other things I'm sure without making them moderators on the entire board (so you can try out people in mod role without risk letting them go totally nuts)

With what this particular group it might be simplest to have all registered members automatically join, but then again why not let them push a few buttons themselves I think I remember such group\user management was a major PITA back on our phpBB boards I used to admin.
Just paste a few howto's and let the interested join in on their own.

What we should is have a single sticky in the public section or something that is updated on a weekly basis with a few bulletins of:

# What's happening

# What we hope to accomplish soon

# How to accomplish said goal, for instance run missions out of both miller in Exioce and raff's in Azreal.

# A heads up note, like "try not to engage wanted npc's flying under the The order since this will hurt us, inow mind your targets in the RES's in exioce

You know something similar as to what is being done for power play on the FD forums and reddit already, like ALD's spreadsheet that is concisely tells you whether to fortify system x, ignore system y, and keep undermining system a.

Emphasis mine. Oddly I got attacked/pirated by a TOoM NPC the other day, even though I'm allied with TOoM. Had to smoke him. ;)

But apart from that, a voice of reason. :) Very good. Carry on. All's well that ends well, and I think we all want more or less the same thing by the end of the day.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby LionOfNarnia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:02 pm

True, these are very early days.

Little request guys - Could you please start using the 'official' titles for what we're doing, please?

Either "The Order" or "OoM" have been 'sanctioned' as the proper way to refer to us. There's a thread about it somewhere.

Also, you forgot to mention the two other sub-groups which already exist:-

1) The Order of Mobius Wing on Inara, which has already attracted members of the Imperial Blood Serpents to our cause.

&

2) The smaller but still quite useful 'Supporters of Mobius' group on Discord.

We all fly under the overall banner of MobiusPvE & respect the principles which it represents.

Isn't that all that matters?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:08 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:Little request guys - Could you please start using the 'official' titles for what we're doing, please?

Either "The Order" or "OoM" have been 'sanctioned' as the proper way to refer to us.

So Ze Order of Mobius (ZOOM) is not acceptable? ;)
"Wibble"

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 pm

That's Big Order Of Mobius out then......

:D

*Edit*

Looks like Righteous Order Of Mobius could be fecked too.....

*Snick*

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:18 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:...Little request guys - Could you please start using the 'official' titles for what we're doing, please?

Either "The Order" or "OoM" have been 'sanctioned' as the proper way to refer to us. There's a thread about it somewhere...

I'll be the stubborn old git and say no. The Order of Mobius in my book is TOoM. So I'll call it as such. You are free to call it what ever you like as well. :) And as I'm not a member of TOoM, blah blah blah. ;)

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:23 pm

They would not let you in anyway......

You're a troublemaker.......

So Ner........

:P

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Going through the alphabet anyone?
"Wibble"

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Nope not me........

Dangerous Order Of Mobius........

:D

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:They would not let you in anyway......

You're a troublemaker.......

So Ner........

:P

Takes one to know one my fine feathered friend. ;)

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Moi !!!!!!!!!!!

How Dare you.......

How very dare you.......

:)

Return to “General Assembly”