Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: [HOW TO] Apply for the Order of Mobius

Postby evovi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:15 am

Gotta love the real life we try and get away from playing games, and the virtual life we create to give us sanity and reason for playing but when both meet it's gets double complicated :) :)

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:37 am

Walter wrote:
Wolf wrote:You don't even have to be a member of the PvE group to play for th Order.

Isn't this another good reason to separate the two entities?

As far as gameplay is concerned, yes. This is also why we created the separate forums just for the faction.

As it is the "official" faction of this group, I think it is only right that we offer this place for the faction here.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:37 am

I'm a Bacon Cat.. my Loyalty is there.. Secondary I help the Order. If having to join to keep an in on what's going on is required.. no skin of my nose and it possibly keeps a certain group out people's hair. It looked to all be in fun, not in "super secret" type deal.. what was written seemed more like role play to me.. if I am wrong then I read it wrong and took a different meaning and if the Order takes issue with my loyalty then it is on them. They have right to kick me and I will still support and do missions in the system. I'm not going to abandon Mobius over misunderstandings.

Personally I feel people are blowing things all out of proportion. Everyone needs to take a step back and don't get super serious.

As for separating the forums, I don't see a reason to. But I could see subforms for factions that people could use maybe. Mobius is essentially the PVE mode without being a mode.. there will be different groups and factions in the mode who fly in Mobius.. why not let them have sub forums for their factions?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:14 pm

Wolf wrote:Not so loud, the little ones are sleeping. ;)

If they are still sleeping at this time of day, they are teenagers and need to get their butts outa bed :)

Gotta ask what you mean: Do you mean everybody can support if they want? Then yes, of course.
You don't even have to be a member of the PvE group to play for th Order.

Joe Newb just bought ED and went to the forums, saw a post about Mobius Group, comes here and sees the info about the faction and says Oh, This sounds good I want to join. Sends in his Group Invite to Mobius and regsiters for the forum and Clicks "Join the Faction".

Does he have to wait till he has gotten allied? Friendly? Bought Snow Cones for the Mods? Provide Proof via Pictures? Sacrifice his little brother who is still sleeping this late into the day because he is a Lazy SOD? Beat Kharma at Drinking? What does Joe Newb, ED Player for 15 minutes have to do to get Accepted?

On the other hand, you don't have to support it, even if you are a member of the PvE group.
So I need some help in understanding what inclusive means in this context.

See my statement above. IE: ANYONE can join, without reservation, identification, money changing hands, secret handshakes or other BS.
One does not have to prove themselves "Worthy".

I understand that some may choose to not join, support, want to talk about, or consider a faction. Others may choose to actively oppose and undermine. That is CHOICE.

My big issue is that the Faction Membership was predicated upon some sort of "We may let you in, and stuff here is hidden and you can't see it unless we think you are worthy because we are EXCLUSIVE and WE decide who gets in or learns more" and this goes expressly against the ideas that the Mobius PVE group has brought so many here.

Yes, the faction is Not the Group, and vice versa, but if the "Mobius" brand is being used by different entities, under different circumstances, and different rules, they are going to be BOTH dragged down by any sort of impropriety, perceived or otherwise.

Suggestion for whoever is leading this group needs to get their act together REAL quick. Realize that if you want to lead, you had better have prepared ahead of time so cockups like this don't happen. 3 people saying 3 different things is not Inspiring to say the least.

(Another thing, I see no official announcement of any sort has been made as to the leadership of this group, how that came about or anything regarding it, which in itself is another topic completely, so we have no idea WHO speaks for the group)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Wolf
Master
Master

Re: [HOW TO] Join the Order of Mobius forum-group

Postby Wolf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:19 pm

OP edited to:
LionOfNarnia wrote:EDIT(Wolf): We have made the group open, meaning, all users can just join, if they are interested in our faction play.
Think of it as a "subscribe to faction forum".

Commanders!

We have created a separate section for the in-game faction "The Order of Mobius".
This way, all players who are interested in supporting the Order in game can organise their gameplay here in their own place.
The open forums are visible to all.
The internal forums cannot be seen by non members and are not picked up by search robots and the like.
We will expand or rearrange these forums if necessary and add sections either open, auto join, or on request only, dependeing on the need.

This is how to join these forums:

1) Go to your User Control Panel (UCP) located in the drop-down under your name to the top right of any page.

2) Select the 'Usergroups' Tab in the UCP

3) Check the 'select' radio button next to the 'Order of Mobius' usergroup

4) Make sure 'Join Selected' appears in the drop-down box at the bottom of the page.

5) Click 'Submit'.

Keep in mind that all normal forum rules apply, and that you have to have at least one approved post on the forums in order to participate in the discussion.

So, have lots of fun and fly safe, commanders!

LONG LIVE THE ORDER!

Hope this clears some of the misunderstandings (Which we mods and admins also had, sorry for that!)
Looks like we jumped the gun here at the beginning... :oops:

So for now, there is only one open (forum)group to join to see the internal forum. Llater, after clearing stuff before we act ( ;) ), we might add more sections and maybe things like "staff" or "officers" forums or the like, whatever the need my be. (Don't quote me on that, these are just ideas right now)

I take responsibilty for this little mess here, I just created the section on the fly without consulting this great community before.
I will try not to make such a mistake again! :)

So now let's concentrate on the important stuff: How to make the Order of Mobius the ruling power in the galaxy! :D

Cheers
Wolf

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Whilst möbius is a pve group - with strictly no Pvp that imo doesn't stop people having conflicts of interest - whilst we try to co-exist and abide by the RoE that doesn't cover people wanting to actively over throw a system for what ever reason, personal, political or not, but they still fall within the rules laid out to be a part of möbius and therefore are entitled to stay. some Control, common sense and discretion is needed to police this and by having different "sub forums" let's people make an active decision on where they want to sit, it's not about "secrecy" as anyone should, if they want be able to enter these groups, and likewise shouldn't be spammed with posts that bare no reference or interest in a groups plans/goals/aims - it would make it easy for the groups moderators to monitor and deal with any issues that arise. We should all be able to join the groups we feel stands up to our ideals and if that means we are in a few different groups fighting for systems and factions - then we ourselves won't cause our other groups grief and hassle by being counter intuitive and fighting against ourselves... Makes no sense.. Working for nothing...

being selective possibly does come across negatively but I can see why it was originally said...

It is a large group of commanders and keeping the peace, or making everyone happy is impossible, we cant get it right on the planet we live on.. Changes will always cause confusion and differences

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Wolf wrote:I take responsibilty for this little mess here, I just created the section on the fly without consulting this great community before.
I will try not to make such a mistake again! :)

So now let's concentrate on the important stuff: How to make the Order of Mobius the ruling power in the galaxy! :D

Cheers
Wolf

:D Safe to say it's been a learning experience, on a positive note it's great to see passion for the Order and for the ideals of the wider Mobius group.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Wolf
Master
Master

Postby Wolf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Loriath wrote:
(Another thing, I see no official announcement of any sort has been made as to the leadership of this group, how that came about or anything regarding it, which in itself is another topic completely, so we have no idea WHO speaks for the group)

I hope my previous post cleared things up for who can join: Everyone! ;)

Now to the leaders: The faction is a cooperative. We chose it that way, as the PvE group also officially has no leaders.
(Just admins and mods ;) )

So no leaders! Just mods. (The forum-group has "leaders", as this is the softwares terminology, but they act as mods only)

Cheers
Wolf

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Wolf wrote:
Loriath wrote: The faction is a cooperative. We chose it that way, as the PvE group also officially has no leaders.
(Just admins and mods ;) )

So no leaders! Just mods. (The forum-group has "leaders", as this is the softwares terminology, but they act as mods only)

Cheers
Wolf

A reasonable compromise.

Is possible to have a different CSS stylesheet for the private boards so they are easier to distinguish from the open boards. It would be a reminder to posters of their target audience. Just a background colour change might be sufficient.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Now that we have hashed out all of this and seem to be on the same page and things are now clear stated, I will pull my objections.

I am passionate about Möbius both as a PVE group and as a faction. It has been extremely inclusive since before I came along and as long as it stays that way I am more than happy to support it.

Yes I went a little overboard (maybe, but I don't think it was a bad thing) but it made things clearer for everyone.

See you in Azrael.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “General Assembly”