Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: OoM - Fight possible civil unrest

Postby Engadine » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:40 pm

I'll have to give the Nav another try.

When I dropped in there, there wasn't much traffic. Only bagged an Imperial Clipper that was wanted.

I then tried to Interdict a Wanted Clipper, but I failed at that.... I'm sure it used to be much easier to win the Mini-Game once the Interdiction has started.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:51 pm

One tip on pirate hunting to help OM is that if you see a pirate, don't kill it if is OM. That will only give the faction holding the bounty a bump and hurt your rep with OM. That has been my experience in other systems anyway where I was trying to help the controlling faction.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:02 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:I would suggest winging up in the nav.....Because I think I nicked one of smartroads kills.....He said I didn't......But I think he was being nice......

:)

Only in part was I being nice :D but also I had just finished off his wingmate and turned on him, got about 5-6 shots in before he blew so most of the work would have been yours anyway ;) Congrats on the kill anyway :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:38 pm

I've had some good luck with USS, quite a few have had multiple pirates, one even had a deadly anaconda (now a dead anaconda)
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TomoRosso

Postby TomoRosso » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:48 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:What I want to know, though, is - 'How do I help get Extra Refinery & Guth Dock to flip to OUR control?'

To relieve current owners of stations or platforms you have to have a civil war with them or war in a system your faction has expanded into, which will mean balancing the influence between the factions.

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Need some noobie info as I'm new to influencing.

This is what I know,

1. Kill anything with wanted, as long as the wanted isn't OOM Faction
2. Take kill missions for OOM at Stations run by OMM so that on returning OOM get more influence from the turn in
3. Only do missions from Raffs and turn into Raffs because Extra and Guth are owned by another group/groups

Below are q's I'm not sure on:

Trade and Courier mission for OOM from the BB
Smuggler missions for OOM from the BB
Trading in general ie: buying selling commodities that aren't BB missions, does this do anything to help or hinder?

Basing all info on just running to and from Raff and not the other 2 docks.
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:43 pm

The OoM missions I've run from Extra have indicated increasing influence for us, and reducing for factions of the guys I dispatched.

I think the most important thing is who you are doing the mission for, not where you are doing it. I even found a 'Donate to OoM' mish at the outpost -which I gladly paid up for (it was only about 3K)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:22 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:The OoM missions I've run from Extra have indicated increasing influence for us, and reducing for factions of the guys I dispatched.

I think the most important thing is who you are doing the mission for, not where you are doing it. I even found a 'Donate to OoM' mish at the outpost -which I gladly paid up for (it was only about 3K)

Same. i've been running from all 3 stations for OOM, but with whats been said about civil unrest/war do I keep doing the same or change to what other say ie: just run from Raff's.

Someone with more knowledge on all aspects of influence v missions v normal commodity trade needs to weigh in with stats and figures i think because as far as I am concerned until there are no OOM missions offered I'm gonna take them from any station offering me them, there's too much confusion and not much info and me head hurts :D
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Argonaught wrote:Someone with more knowledge on all aspects of influence v missions v normal commodity trade needs to weigh in with stats and figures i think because as far as I am concerned until there are no OOM missions offered I'm gonna take them from any station offering me them, there's too much confusion and not much info and me head hurts :D

I posted a Beginners' Guide (lengthy, but nowhere near complete) here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3267&start=10

You are right: you can take missions for OoM at any station but, depending on the mission, you have to return to that station to get paid. Any Bounty vouchers should be paid in at Rafferty's or the controlling faction of the paying in station gets the benefit.

Parinor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Parinor

Postby Parinor » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Argonaught wrote:Need some noobie info as I'm new to influencing.

Trade and Courier mission for OOM from the BB

They will be fine! Can be done from every station in the system. At Raff they might give an extra bonus to the influence (once for mission and once for trading, not sure)

Smuggler missions for OOM from the BB

I am not sure. They certainly help to increase influence and reputation as stated. But they might also drive the faction towards "Civil Unrest" which is not what we want. So better leave those missions.

Trading in general ie: buying selling commodities that aren't BB missions, does this do anything to help or hinder?

Is good as long as you do it at a station where OoM is the controlling Faction. At the moment this is just our home base.

Return to “General Assembly”