Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Influence Decreasing ?!

Postby Argonaught » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:49 am

LionOfNarnia wrote:LULZ, I should have said 'first non staff member' I suppose *facepalm*

OK, I'll modify it to 'the first cmdr worth less than 20m cr (total assets)' then.

- to give a rookie a break ;)

Here's me evidence I've only been running for OOM:

ED OOM Allied.jpg
ED OOM Allied.jpg (58.11 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

Yes i'm a tad poor atm, I bought a Vulture as soon as i could but forgot I also needed a few mill more to outfit it properely :D
I can make money np by trading a missioning around but I do have a question about the OOM Faction ingame, will we at some point be able o pledge to it like for the main ones or is it just a mission oriented entity with no actual pledging needed?

So further question, if we can't pledge to OOM would pledging to a main faction mess OOM up?
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 am

you're asking can the faction ever become a power, if i recall correctly the answer is Yes but it will (naturally) require a hell of a lot of work and time to make it so

i sorta got the impression that it had to be done manually by FD if they thought it was warranted; the game engine itself couldn't make the determination "hey these guys are big enough now, i'm changing them into a galactic power"

---> btw i reached Allied status about 2 hrs after reaching Friendly, it didn't take very long at all. i was doing mostly anti-pirate and smuggling missions for what it's worth.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 am

Argonaught wrote:So further question, if we can't pledge to OOM would pledging to a main faction mess OOM up?

My understanding is ... no. I am an Arissa L-D supporter (lvl 4), allied with Empire, Friendly with Feds and Alliance. Argon... however.... hates to see my Python show up in his systems. ;)

Since Azrael is in ALD space, it's beneficial to pledge to her if you do any local bounty hunting. The BH bonuses for ALD lvl 2 and higher are awesome!

There are two things that you want to do while supporting OoM (from what I understand):

**Only** complete BB missions in Azrael for OoM. (Feel free to do BB missions for any factions you want to in other systems, but not in our home system! ) You may get a better selection of BB missions by switching from open/solo/private group modes while at any of the stations in Azrael.

Do not participate in the CZ in Azrael. Since OoM is not one of the factions in the civil war, helping one side or the other in the CZ will raise that factions influence in OUR system which can/will lower ours.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:05 am

Argonaught wrote:
LionOfNarnia wrote:LULZ, I should have said 'first non staff member' I suppose *facepalm*

OK, I'll modify it to 'the first cmdr worth less than 20m cr (total assets)' then.

Here's me evidence I've only been running for OOM:

BLOODY WELL DONE, GUY :D

I'll happily provide you with 5 million credz in cargo as soon as we are both in the same instance. Devotion like yours deserves a decent reward.

The more we work as a community to help each other, rather than just helping ourselves, the faster we will become not just a power, but a respected power FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS :D
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:52 am

Give me an hour so I can put military grade bulkheads on my python and anaconda and buy a viper..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:16 am

Argonaught wrote:So further question, if we can't pledge to OOM would pledging to a main faction mess OOM up?

Congratz, spend your prize wisely when you get it.

As for pledging to a power, as long as you only run OoM missions in Azrael then it won't be an issue at the moment. As JohnLuke has said AD-L is a good choice for the location and BH bonuses.

Be aware though (if you've not PP'd before) that you should expect the number of times you get interdicted to go up, you will be seen as hostile in non-Empire space.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Xebeth wrote:

Congratz, spend your prize wisely when you get it.

As for pledging to a power, as long as you only run OoM missions in Azrael then it won't be an issue at the moment. As JohnLuke has said AD-L is a good choice for the location and BH bonuses.

Be aware though (if you've not PP'd before) that you should expect the number of times you get interdicted to go up, you will be seen as hostile in non-Empire space.

Ah, ok then I'll hold off pledging until I own an extremely larger ship with bigger weapons :D , for the most part I do trade missions so flying a type 6 with almost constant interdicts will get to become a pain.

Thanks guys.
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Argonaught wrote:Ah, ok then I'll hold off pledging until I own an extremely larger ship with bigger weapons :D , for the most part I do trade missions so flying a type 6 with almost constant interdicts will get to become a pain.

Thanks guys.

Yes, there are certainly more interdictions when you are involved in PP. If you don't do a lot of BH, then it may not be worth the hassle to pledge. If you're like me and do a fair amount of BH, and enjoy killing ships for a paycheck, it's worth it. I maintain level 4 with ALD, which takes about 1-2 hours a week for a $5mil paycheck.

On weekdays I do a lot of trade runs, and will occasionally get interdicted. I always submit, boost and jump. On rare occasion they will chase me and interdict again, but for the most part being interdicted is just a nuisance. It's worth the momentary frustration to me, because of the additional income from BH bonuses and my weekly paycheck. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Engadine
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Engadine

Postby Engadine » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:58 pm

evovi wrote:I'll make my way over to "home base" I won't struggle to progress will I? Where I'm based ships and modules are close and easy to cater for my beginners needs atm - be good to be part of something like this in it's birth so to speak

Just doing a mission where I needed to collect a Commodity from Fowler Orbital in Dvorsi. They seem to have a good selection of Ships & Modules and it's only next door 14.49Ly

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Engadine wrote:
evovi wrote:I'll make my way over to "home base" I won't struggle to progress will I? Where I'm based ships and modules are close and easy to cater for my beginners needs atm - be good to be part of something like this in it's birth so to speak

Just doing a mission where I needed to collect a Commodity from Fowler Orbital in Dvorsi. They seem to have a good selection of Ships & Modules and it's only next door 14.49Ly

Yup, that was my home system before OoM. :) If Fowler doesn't have what you need the next station, Chernykh Ring, also has a solid selection. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Assembly”