Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Influence Decreasing ?!

Postby Feldspar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 am

Anyone working for or against the order will affect it no matter which game mode they are in (ditto if they are on XBox), it is one shared background simulation.

Don't be surprised if you see people try to organise an effort to crush these player factions, people are like that.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:22 am

The faction exists like all the factions. It is affected by all actions that happen to it.

The Order of Mobius is separate from the Mobius PvE group, although they share the same ideals. So you can help OoM in open and still PvP but if you come into the Mobius group the it is only PvE while supporting OoM
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:33 am

Yeah - I was more concerned that someone outside of our pve environment could be underhand and actively work against us - like a grudge

serious96
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NISAETUS BARTELSI

Postby serious96 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:47 am

imo we are still safe, because we are contending with 5 other minor faction and still hold more than 50% influence. that means our faction still going strong.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 am

When I've visited numerous systems the controlling factions tend to be between 40% and 50%, I expect FD have put the player factions in at an arbitrary level with the expectation that they'll settle down to a normal level.

If you look at the UK 2015 general election the conservatives only got 37% but still won, the same can be seen in most elections around the world, you don't need +50% to be in charge, you just need to have a majority.

That said, we want to be dominant and safely in control, so run those missions!

Remember all, only run missions for The Order, if there are no missions available DO NOT run missions for other factions in the area
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Parinor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Parinor

Re: RE: Re: Influence Decreasing ?!

Postby Parinor » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am

evovi wrote:Quick question

If we exist as a pve group and run missions to support the order - what happens if a group of pilots in Pvp run missions for other minor factions from within azrael, will this effect the pve group? Like the market exists in both pve and Pvp together as a single entity ?

It will not affect the PvE group directly. It will raise the influence of other factions and there are only 100% to spare. So it will compete with our trials to raise influence of the Order.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8200N mit Tapatalk

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 am

I'll be safe to hop out the system and do navy missions, smuggling missions and cz's etc when möbius offers me nothing ?

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:16 am

evovi wrote:I'll be safe to hop out the system and do navy missions, smuggling missions and cz's etc when möbius offers me nothing ?

Don't forget there are 3 stations in the system, each should offer OoM missions if you can't find any at Rafferty's
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Re: RE: Re: Influence Decreasing ?!

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:18 am

Parinor wrote:
evovi wrote:Quick question

If we exist as a pve group and run missions to support the order - what happens if a group of pilots in Pvp run missions for other minor factions from within azrael, will this effect the pve group? Like the market exists in both pve and Pvp together as a single entity ?

It will not affect the PvE group directly. It will raise the influence of other factions and there are only 100% to spare. So it will compete with our trials to raise influence of the Order.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8200N mit Tapatalk

This is correct, the Order exists in all play modes, so players in Open, Solo, and other groups can negatively or positively influence the control standing of the Order.
There is nothing we can do about this except run lots of missions for the Order ourselves (and remember do not do missions for other factions in the system).

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 am

evovi wrote:I'll be safe to hop out the system and do navy missions, smuggling missions and cz's etc when möbius offers me nothing ?

As long as you are out of the system you should be fine, over time the Order may expand into other systems, but this won't be for a while yet.

Return to “General Assembly”