Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Influence Decreasing ?!

Postby clivewil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:47 am

hmm. my Steam version of ED developed a bug linked to this afternoon's Steam client update. you won't be seeing cmdr clivus again until that gets fixed.

cmdr clivewil has business up at the other end of the bubble and needs to remain there for now, if that gets satisfactorily resolved i'll send him down to Azrael.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:09 pm

clivewil wrote:hmm. my Steam version of ED developed a bug linked to this afternoon's Steam client update. you won't be seeing cmdr clivus again until that gets fixed.

Bummer, hope you get it fixed soon

clivewil wrote:cmdr clivewil has business up at the other end of the bubble and needs to remain there for now, if that gets satisfactorily resolved i'll send him down to Azrael.

The Order wishes you success in your endeavours, and a safe return, when you will be able to regale us with tales of your adventures over many a cold beer.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Argonaught
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Obsidian Flint

Postby Argonaught » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

I also noticed that OOM started at %60 influence but dropped to %54 after a bit. Obvious someone is working against OOM but was wondering could it be a non Mobius guy doing it on the open server maybe?

PS: I only do trade missions and have been checking to make sure that trade back to Azrael are going to OOM and not some other faction.

PPS: I had it in my mind that we could select OOM as a faction we were part of but I don't see that option. Just options for the main factions. So saying should I pledge to one of the main ones and if so what one would be best for helping Mobius with?

On another note I need to change my forum name if possible to have my ingame cmdr name shown instead (CMDR Obsidian Flint) would i need to remake an account for that?

(repost from another thread ;) )

o7
In Game contact: CMDR Obsidian Flint

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Argonaught wrote:Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

One word... speed :D

Basically fly past the station so you are about 8-10KM out. Move the ship using lateral and ventral thrusters to get aligned with the slot and the full throttle, once full after burner!

Don't forget to request docking permission! I do that as I fly past the station ;)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Argonaught wrote:...

As smartroad say - speed is your friend here, don't worry about silent running.

On the influence thing, I think it's just a case of the influences settling down, I don't think we need worry just yet - keep running those missions though.

For the name change, best PM either Wolf or Flip
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Argonaught
Novice
Novice

Postby Argonaught » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 pm

smartroad wrote:
Argonaught wrote:Yesterday I did a couple OOM BB missions to deliver stuff, for the most part I couldn't take most of the missions as they are smuggler ones and I have no idea how to get past being scanned at a station, as soon as I test out stealth mode my ship over heats in moments.

One word... speed :D

Basically fly past the station so you are about 8-10KM out. Move the ship using lateral and ventral thrusters to get aligned with the slot and the full throttle, once full after burner!

Don't forget to request docking permission! I do that as I fly past the station ;)

I saw a vid where one guy went full stealth and turned many things off, including engines after he boosted then drifted in with his cockpit was covered in ice, I'm using only mouse and kb so setting a rotation speed is very difficult. Someone else had a vid where he used heat sinks and dropped one just as he was being scanned and he wasn't tagged or scanned again so he was able to dock as normal.

I'll do some testing on training area I think, i don't want to mess up my friendly status on tests in Mobius or get fines etc :D

Argonaught
Novice
Novice

Postby Argonaught » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll do some tests.

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Xebeth wrote:Bummer, hope you get it fixed soon

solved. the solution was to bypass the steam overlay and run the launcher exe directly, and it's been working fine so far

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:19 pm

clivewil wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Bummer, hope you get it fixed soon

solved. the solution was to bypass the steam overlay and run the launcher exe directly, and it's been working fine so far

This was the mouse bug, yes?

I have to use that workaround for mine, too, ever since the steam overlay was changed/updated.

clivewil
Master
Master

Postby clivewil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 pm

UnmarkedBoxcar wrote:This was the mouse bug, yes?

yep. oddly enough i avoid the overlay like the plague and never use it in any game. this is just another reason why.

Return to “General Assembly”