Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Sweets
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sweetsaprik
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Welcome, supporters of the Order of Mobius :D

Postby Sweets » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm

TorTorden wrote:A quick howto on what do actually do would only help.
I think I know. But I'm not entirely sure.

This should I'd possible be edited into first post and updated as things change.

^This.

I was looking around these forums (and those other ones) looking for something like this. I was about to suggest it when I came across this post (which I know is old so if this was done could someone point me to it?)

I kind of wanted something simple. Something that talked to me like I was a bucket head. Like bulletpoint do's and don'ts, not paragraphs.

I've just started trying to get a handle on the bgs. Someone linked a vid of some guys from frontier going into it a bit, and that video, while informative, gave me a decent idea of how little I understand it so far.

Just for example, say I wasn't near Azrael, and only made trips out of my area to there now and then. Some do's and don'ts. Like, and correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS UNTIL CHECKING TO SEE IF IT IS CONTRADICTED BY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THE CRAP THEY'RE ON ABOUT.

Do sell exploration data to Rafferty's Möbius. (Or Searle Point I guess, but the station is better.) But no more than a million worth at a time or it is wasted.
Do buy things FROM those installations.
Don't sell things TO those installations. (This part I don't get. I understand that it uses up the faction's money, but one would think that if something was in really high demand, that the faction would benefit from getting it. Especially certain things, like in an agricultural economy, biowaste, etc. Anyway, I don't need to understand it to follow directions, so okay, don't sell them stuff.)
Don't kill faction NPCs.
Do kill NPCs of the other factions.
Do take missions from the faction.
Don't take missions from other factions.
Do turn in bounties at one of the faction's installations. Station first, but Searle works too.

Something like that.

And then possibly some other lists explaining how those change based on different states. The impression I got from that video was that states basically make the factions (or rather the system that decides what actions are worth what influence) makes it so everything not directly related to the current state is close to ignored, but everything that is related is worth much more. I.E. in a famine food is super helpful, and most of the other things are temporarily all but useless.

Again if there is a topic or post like this somewhere already, please direct me to it. Even if it is thirty pages and all paragraphs I'll read it, I just thought simple do's and don'ts would be easier for more people to follow.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Sweets wrote:<snip>

Is this what you are looking for?

If you can't see this it may because you haven't "joined" the Order, to do this

1) Go to your User Control Panel (UCP) located in the drop-down under your name to the top right of any page.

2) Select the 'Usergroups' Tab in the UCP

3) Check the 'select' radio button next to the 'Order of Mobius' usergroup

4) Make sure 'Join Selected' appears in the drop-down box at the bottom of the page.

5) Click 'Submit'.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:37 am

Xebeth wrote:
Sweets wrote:<snip>

Is this what you are looking for?

If you can't see this it may because you haven't "joined" the Order, to do this

1) Go to your User Control Panel (UCP) located in the drop-down under your name to the top right of any page.

2) Select the 'Usergroups' Tab in the UCP

3) Check the 'select' radio button next to the 'Order of Mobius' usergroup

4) Make sure 'Join Selected' appears in the drop-down box at the bottom of the page.

5) Click 'Submit'.

Thank you for the information. I was wondering why no one seemed to be posting here.

Sweets
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sweetsaprik

Postby Sweets » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:58 am

Something like that, yes.

I'd actually joined the order yesterday right before I made this topic, but hadn't come across that yet. Derp.

Thank you very much.

Return to “General Assembly”