Time to revive CQC in Mobius?

Discuss CQC and make appointmets for matches.
duckofdeath
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Duck of Death
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Time to revive CQC in Mobius?

Postby duckofdeath » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:26 am

That other big PvE group, The Distant Worlds Expedition, is having daily scheduled CQC matches for anyone interested. One suited for EU time and one suited for US time. There are no obligations and no skill requirements, it's all about doing something different while out exploring.
How about we do the same in Mobius, get a regular time of day where people can check in on TS to see if others are on? That way we could get a few more teams going and maybe even a mini tournament or league?
There are ways to "force" match-ups with two squads, and it's fairly straight-forward. Both squads listen in to the same TS/Discord and times when to join a Team Death Match or CTF. If they end up in different matches they just jump back to the CQC menu and try again.
Anyone who's interested in this, please post a reply here.
And to CMDR's who are afraid they're not good enough and such, this is another reason to join up in small squads like this. Being able to talk to your team mates give you a big boost forward and helps you getting more kills faster.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Time to revive CQC in Mobius?

Postby Loriath » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Personally never tried CQC. I have thought about it, but never bothered. I have joked in the past that I want to hack the game to change my CQC rank to say "F 'in Useless".

If I knew that there were a CQC mode that was within Möbius only I would consider it. But being that it is against everyone and no way to ensure it is just other Möbius my interest is very very low.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

duckofdeath
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Duck of Death

Postby duckofdeath » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:33 am

The thing is, if Mobius manages to get an average of 4 players playing regularly, definitely doesn't have to be the same 4, you would enjoy it immensely. That I will guarantee. Being on a team that cooperates just a fraction has such a massive advantage in these types of close quarter PvP games. I'm not an avid PvP player, still, I'm averaging 1.7 kills per death in CQC, because I ensure to always play with at least one other player on Discord or TS.
You should really give it a chance, I'm sure you'll be surprised how fun it is. :)

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

I thought I'd try cqc last night - sat waiting for players for 15 minutes... Gave up in the end... Back to exploring the dark of space :(

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:40 pm

It sure would be nice if you could wing up (or private group) with people in the regular game and then somehow be transferred into the arena. I could see needing to go to certain systems and docking at the arena. With some simple group management, it should be easy to group 8 people for some one on one or four on four action among friends. I assume something like this has already been suggested on the OF.

Dear FD ... :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:It sure would be nice if you could wing up (or private group) with people in the regular game and then somehow be transferred into the arena. I could see needing to go to certain systems and docking at the arena. With some simple group management, it should be easy to group 8 people for some one on one or four on four action among friends. I assume something like this has already been suggested on the OF.

Dear FD ... :roll:

Spot on, WoW let's you queue for arena then let's you do your own thing until it summons you, then magically teleports you to the PvP zone - I don't like wasting my precious time in a queue, I'd sooner be interrupted when enough people are ready

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:17 pm

evovi wrote:I thought I'd try cqc last night - sat waiting for players for 15 minutes... Gave up in the end... Back to exploring the dark of space :(

I have said from the start that cqc should have been started in game via the comms panel. at least then you ĉould be flying about while waiting for a match
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Return to “CQC Discussion”