So what do you really think?

Discuss CQC and make appointmets for matches.
Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: So what do you really think?

Postby Dudley » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:35 pm

All, you have got to form a wing and fly together as a team... Wow.. Went in to it today with some German guys.. They did a Capture the Flag and made it look really easy...
Really enjoyable.. :D
Surprising stuff - especially since I hate PVP... :shock:
:P
Regards
Dudley
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

MentaListo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Menta Listo

Postby MentaListo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Team deathmatch was cool and I thought being able to fly the condor was great, it's so nimble!

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 pm

I still haven't played this since those first two tries. I plan to, and it looks like it might be a fun diversion - especially if they have the match making working better. But it still seems like it doesn't go with the rest of the game. Constantly getting killed and respawning just seems so game-like compared to the rest of the "simulation". And having the CQC rank displayed with the other ranks is annoying, although any kind of non-military ranks don't make a lot of sense anyway. But I guess you got to have some way to track your progress. I guess I'd just prefer to have those scoring ranks off the default panel and have some more useful information located there (possible exception for original pilot ranking). I'm sure they just put those ranks there to nudge you into playing in those areas because you don't like seeking 0% and harmless.

Anyway, back to CQC. I would like this better if it was treated more realistically. For example, use weak lasers and ammo and use computers for scoring. The ships could behave like they have simulated damage. And if you "die", your ship is just automatically routed back to the hanger for the next round and you appear as a big red X on the hud of opposing players. Of if that would take too long, then just have the ship disabled for a short while and then back at 100% for another go. Everybody understands that you don't really get killed, unless you do something stupid like fly full speed into a building - accidents can still happen. I mean, if you blow up and don't really die, why not just pretend that the CQC is taking place in simulators? I think that would be more "realistic".

I'm just saying that I think I could get into it a lot more if it was treated as a realistic test of piloting skills, either in simulators or in real ships (but with a lot smaller chance of getting killed, like car racing) and not just a silly shoot 'em up arcade game. But the diversion could still be fun, like playing Astro Chicken (oh, the stories my dad told be about that - he was a Grand Master Champion, you know). :mrgreen:
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “CQC Discussion”