Discussions about PowerPlay in general
KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

First time participating in PP...

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:40 pm

I've seen the vids by FDev but am unsure about a few things and have a few questions I hope some experienced CMDRs can answer...

I've signed on with A Luvigny Duval but i cant seem to work out which system to prepare. I know to look at he galaxy map and choose a green one that will provide positive CC but last I did that i went there with cargo (deliveries of data or whatever they are) but it seemed that it was already prepped as when i delivered my 50 it stated 125/50? How do I ensure this doesnt happen?

I am also confused about which systems to expand and control...I chose her because i wanted combat with more of a purpose than just plain BH but am a little confused by what to do and where to start (prob not the first person). I generally get what it's (PP) all about but not sure which direction i should take and when...
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

BaseKillerWolf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: BaseKillerWolf

Re: First time participating in PP...

Postby BaseKillerWolf » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:44 pm

You'll definitely want to check out Reddit for your Power's individual subreddit. Most (if not all) will contain a list or resources on which systems are to be targeted and which are to be left alone. They'll also have guides posted about what to take and where and go in depth about the different phases of PowerPlay.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 pm

BaseKillerWolf wrote:You'll definitely want to check out Reddit for your Power's individual subreddit. Most (if not all) will contain a list or resources on which systems are to be targeted and which are to be left alone. They'll also have guides posted about what to take and where and go in depth about the different phases of PowerPlay.

Reddit, right will do. Thanks!
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Here are some tutorials that may help you get started (at the top of the page)

Here is the ALD reddit page. The current goals will always be in the top one or two posts.

More good info to get you started in PP.

I was pledged to ALD for a long time, but left PP after the 2.1 update due to FD's excessive use of opposing power's ships in RES, Nav beacons, on trade routes, etc. But if you have questions, I may be able to help. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent

Postby KRRONOSS » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks JL. I've decided to leave ALD for a while as I earn some more creds but will try out PP soon I think. Thanks for the advice and offer of assistance. :)

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”