Discussions about PowerPlay in general
Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Calling all Anti-Fed pilots

Postby Macklroy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:39 am

Any Anti-Federation pilots looking for easy merits this week, feel free to join me in the Kappa system. Winters is attempting to expand into the system after a sneaky preparation at the last minute of the cycle in an attempt to steal the system from the emperor ALD. Naturally those loyal to the Empire can not let this stand.
Any federation ship spotted in the Kappa system this week is to be indiscriminately destroyed!...except my federal assault ship of course. Which will be contributing to said destruction.

Looking for PP merits this week? Head to the Kappa system and wing up!

See you there commanders!

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Re: Calling all Anti-Fed pilots

Postby Orkekum » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

So while Feds are busy pissing off the Alliance, imps stab them from behind.
I like your thinking, was i powerplaying anything i would join :D

I would need a ship for it,. hmm, FDL

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 am

Sounds good to me. Pledged to AD and heading to Kappa this weekend :)
Last edited by Tifu on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 am

Thanks for the heads up, Macklroy. I'll keep an eye on Kappa this weekend. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:17 am

Interesting. I may show up no sooner than Sunday, I have scheduled a re-installation of Windows 10 in PC due to the acquisition of an SSD drive finally. My old mechanical HDD is too old and slow for the needs of modern applications/OSes.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill

Postby Jack Dunhill » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Sounds good, im going to have to visit Kappa this weekend. Wing action would be great.

Macklroy
Competent
Competent

Postby Macklroy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 am

Currently the opposition in Kappa is going well. Winged up with a couple Mobius commanders yesterday and had very good results. Forming a wing is suppose to increase the amount of PP traffic in the system. We even ran into quite a few wings of PP targets which made for quick merits.
Don't let the current state of the progress fool you. Winters was losing her expansion into the Putin system last week by a few hundred percent and still managed to pull out a victory in the final day of the cycle.
Fly safe -

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:01 am

There has been an interesting development.

On the ALD reddit Cycle 46 Strategy thread (comments section ) :

I checked Mahon's Cycle 46 Strategy thread of course :

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteMahon/com ... on_thread/

The Alliance is really, really pissed :) This whole thing started btw back in February when the player group NULL (who weren't involved in PP at all) came in conflict with Winters. They had to ally with Mahon to resist and even Torval was involved at one time. Winters was blocked and this became the major rationale for the humongous snipe of Mahon by the Feds to the tune of - 5,800+ CC.

This whole thing all started in the BGS, a sign of things to come.
===

ps. link to NULL's (@Biiky) response to Winters in an FD thread here :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3775678

"Some reasons for the choices we made.

1. Probably most important is roleplay. The majority of us act in game as some form of roleplay, not just play a game. And from that standpoint the feds and imps are not welcome, other than as emissaries (ie those pledged to fed/imp PP). Some are imp/fed and not power play, most of us are independent, and many will not trade imperial "tourists", but regardless we all push the NULL first and foremost. And those doing bgs elsewhere for fed imp tanks drop them and head home in times of need.

2. We had a fed faction in system. So if winters exploited our area that minor faction could easily take our influence. I don't mean here by winters players, I mean by anyone, it could be a newbies who's not following the bgs/storyline and just wishes feeds to be high or top ranking in systems.

3. The 'role over and play puppy dog' attitude irked many of our player base, and that was what solidified the whole group and held our mettle. And that was ultimately winters downfall in Dr Crucis. Players even sold ships to generate cash for the fast tracking. Then recouped losses, once at rank 5, by maintaining undermining and supplying forts to help the alliance after we'd bullied then into assisting us. (Note they didn't take much bullying)

5. Back to the roleplay, once we'd established expansions, we know some systems would come into fed/alliance/imp areas. This would have been OK, and we'd have requested permission to push our faction there. If you didn't want it, we'd leave it and work elsewhere. That would give any new NULL pilots the choice to be NULL and have a home system in a fed/imp/alliance PP location."

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:33 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:Interesting. I may show up no sooner than Sunday, I have scheduled a re-installation of Windows 10 in PC due to the acquisition of an SSD drive finally. My old mechanical HDD is too old and slow for the needs of modern applications/OSes.

Sounds like fun... not. :cry:

I'll probably head to Kappa on Sunday morning if anyone wants to wing up for some quick merits. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Macklroy
Competent
Competent

Postby Macklroy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:00 am

Tifu wrote:There has been an interesting development...The Alliance is really, really pissed :) "

Should be interesting to see what effect this 'fighting a war on two fronts' situation has on the two Federation powers (Hudson & Winters). Will it end up being a great two pronged attack that allows the acquisition of multiple profitable systems? Or have they bitten off more than they can chew?

Currently Winters' expansions are loosing by -1000% and -500%. Not saying those numbers are insurmountable but it will take a focused effort to overcome. And with all 4 empire powers as well as the alliance focused on undermining the Federation, it's going to be an all hands on deck situation the for the next couple of weeks.

If nothing else it will be interesting to watch. :)

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”