Discussions about PowerPlay in general
CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

We don't make the cut

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 pm

How are we not on this list?? 15,000 commanders, some (how many?) in Azreal, but we aren't active enough in spreading our faction? Sup fellas?

As part of season 2 we will be elevating a minor faction to a power, we’ll reveal more on this early next year. For fun here are the most influential minor factions in game:

Sirius Corporation
Alioth Independents
Dukes of Jotun
League of Amemait
CD-44 10336 Industries
The Dukes of Mikunn
Eta Draconis Gold Vision Co
Nagii Union
Workers of Manite Labour Union
Marquis du Ma'a

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213918
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Re: We don't make the cut

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Because the Order of Mobius is only a small (tiny?) sub-set of MobiusPvE, and most of those few that did/do support it have become so disillusioned by the current BGS that we're just not putting any real effort into it?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Sad, but not surprising, the groups listed are all (I think) original minor factions that have had focussed groups of player working on them for months and months. We've really only been at it for a few weeks. With the problems with the BGS, and despite the valiant efforts of many loyal commanders our influence in Exioce just didn't move.

Will luck FD have made some improvements and we'll see some progress now.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:29 pm

We keep at it and next time they do it who knows
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:38 pm

But looking at those names.
Are these even player factions?
Cause at the moment I kind of think they are just statistical anomalies from having the bgs expand a faction by accident.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 pm

TorTorden wrote:But looking at those names.
Cause at the moment I kind of think they are just statistical anomalies from having the bgs expand a faction by accident.

You may well be right
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:31 pm

That's what I was going to say. They are NPC factions. I think we are a long way from seeing a player based power.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:45 pm

de Carabas wrote:

That's what I was going to say. They are NPC factions. I think we are a long way from seeing a player based power.

Well if FD then promotes a non player faction to a power then that is a very sad day to be community manager, cause if they don't se how a whopper of going with such a broken feature as the current bgs is they might as well be deaf, dumb and stupid.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:01 am

I think some of them are originally AI factions that some player groups were supporting before 'in game' player groups were out. It was better for them to just keep supporting that faction, rather than start a new one.

And Lion, even though what you say is true, I would have thought the OM would have enough support of its own to be a stand out faction. I don't doubt being fed up with BGS though. Power play fussing it up doesn't help either. The bacon cats lost their system because their homeworld became a PP control system. Their only option really is to move to one of their expansion systems (if they have one) and continue from there.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:27 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:I think some of them are originally AI factions that some player groups were supporting before 'in game' player groups were out. It was better for them to just keep supporting that faction, rather than start a new one.

And Lion, even though what you say is true, I would have thought the OM would have enough support of its own to be a stand out faction. I don't doubt being fed up with BGS though. Power play fussing it up doesn't help either. The bacon cats lost their system because their homeworld became a PP control system. Their only option really is to move to one of their expansion systems (if they have one) and continue from there.

I'm doing trading for Mobius till Bcats gets out of Civil War then will try to change their influence some.. but yeah.. Priva sadly may not have been the best place to set up shop since it is on the border of multiple PP opponents.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”