Nopileos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nopileos
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Team up to gain merits?

Postby Nopileos » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 am

Hello,

I want to gain a high rank in PP to get the weekly payout as high as possible.
I found this blog article here: http://www.elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/B ... three-days. The author says, it's possible in like 3 days of roughly 3-4 hours each, so I thought: Why not jump in?

So I looked for a power that gives that 100% bounty hunting bonus because that is whats mostly fun for me. Sadly, there's no Alliance or Independent power offering that, so I settled with Zachary Hudson, as I cannot stand the Empire. I flew to one of the two expansion systems, found some "Military Strike" signals I flew to, dropped out of supercruise and started to shoot down enemy vessels.

Just doing the maths: If you want to earn 10.000 merits in three days of three hours playing each, you need 3.333 Merits per day, and 1.111 merits per hour on each of these three days. If you want to spend four hours per day (totalling to 12 hours of gameplay for the 10k merits) it's still 3.333 per day and 833 merits per hour.

After somewhere around 3 hours of playing, I just managed to kill like 83 ships in the Military Strike zone, which is 830 merits. I then found out that with undermining one can gain not only 10 but 30 merits per kill, went into a system controlled by another power, interdicted Kumo Crew transporter, and still just managed to get 3 kills (90 merits) in about three quarters of an hour (including travelling time), and it was hard, as there were mostly large ships (Dropships, Type 9's, not a lot T6s), which take some time to take out.

I don't have a lot of starting capital (I'm just a casual player) and I spent the money I earned with the Hutton Mug community goal into a well-equipped war Cobra (Plasma Acc + 3 Beams, all other modules mostly A-rated).

So, after giving you that lot of boring information, my (noob-ish) questions:

First: If you are in a wing, do you get merits also for kills of the other pilots in your wing? So would a wing, where each player gets on his own targets benefit by amount of players in a wing, or would the wing need to go after a single target one by one? Or would still only one get the merits?

Second: Are there other players wanting to earn merits for Zach Hudson and team up with me? I'm playing mainly from 2100 CEST (1900 UTC/GMT, 1500 EDT, 1200 PDT) for 2-3 hours.

Third: I'm also new to mobius, so what would happen if I encounter another player from an opposing power? He's automatically marked red on my scanner. Can I be sure that he won't go after me if I leave him alone?

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Re: Team up to gain merits?

Postby Digga » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:20 am

Hi Commander,

I posted this a few weeks ago.. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2854

I am currently undermining independents and although I'm aligned with the empire I don't see why we can't wing up against an independent right?

Let me know if your interested in forming a wing this Thursday, I can make anytime in the evening GMT.

Fly safe commander.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:10 am

If you can confirm that kills in military strikes increase combat rank then I can help you out. I usually play Monday-Friday starting at about 7pm PDT for a few hours. I can bring my Python or my Vulture.

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Postby Digga » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:44 am

Undermining increases combat rank.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Digga on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nopileos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nopileos

Postby Nopileos » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 am

Yes, I just got promoted to competent yesterday while fighting for merits there.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”