Discussions about PowerPlay in general
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

EIC drops support for Zemina Torval and Power Play

Postby Loriath » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:18 pm

According to a Post on Reddit, LiquidCatNip, the leader of the East India Company says that EIC is opting out of power play.

In his message, he states that the concept of Power Play is good, but in its current state it is completely useless. He and the members find that the grind is way to much for way too little. Little rewards, little effect, and does not increase the depth of play, but decreases it.

EIC is one of the Larger RP player groups, so this may have more of an effect of PP in the long term than we realize. In the short term, pulling support for Zemina Torval will cause a lot of issues on the next tickover.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TomoRosso

Re: EIC drops support for Zemina Torval and Power Play

Postby TomoRosso » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Personally I think they've done the right thing, by introducing PP fdev has taken the game (and correct me if I'm wrong) in a direction that nobody asked for or was told would be a feature during the kickstarter alpha/beta/gamma phase. This together with the A L-D débâcle shows just how badly designed and tested PP is.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: EIC drops support for Zemina Torval and Power Play

Postby StaticRadion » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:23 am

The real problem with PP was it's inorganic introduction. Instead of all powers starting off with a small local power base some started off with large globular masses that were inefficiently put together.

My powerplay experience was kicked off backing Li Yong-Rui and because of the small size of his starting power base it was basically entirely grown from player interaction. It is because of this that there are very few weaknesses and the group of people that back him are more dedicated and secretly more involved.

I would say if anything that the implementation of PP was bad but that the idea was great. While I enjoy the perks I would also say that the seeing a system you chose to prep on day one going through expansion and making it to a control point is gratifying. Over the course of a month I managed to consistently and weekly pick locations for expansion that others jump on board with.

I recently changed powers to Aisling D and I am shocked at the fact that the "grinders" seem to through their weight behind expansions that make no scene at all. While I do like their zealous nature it makes PP feel less like it is a group activity and more like I am surfing a wave of idiots that I have to push back against. If backing Torval is anything like backing Aisling D then i don't blame them for bailing.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”