Affect PP without being in PP?

Discussions about PowerPlay in general
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Affect PP without being in PP?

Postby smartroad » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:51 pm

I was wondering about PP. I have no real interest in PP itself (mainly as I can't be bothered to spend the time learning how to play it!) however the system I am calling 'home' has recently got dragged in and is under 'exploited' status. Is there anyway to affect that status without being a member of any PP faction?

I'd like to take up arms against the faction to keep my home free of this influence LOL

Actually I guess there is no way to do anything about it, but it would be good to be able to and remain independent from it all.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Re: Affect PP without being in PP?

Postby Loriath » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Rise up and kill all the powers ships you see in that system. Oh did I mention you will become the most wanted man in 12 systems? :)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

BloodravenD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BloodravenD

Postby BloodravenD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 am

Exploited just means they have a controlling system nearby. It shouldn't actually affect you, some of them do offer bonus stuff like 20% better bounties, so it might pay to keep them around. I don't know if that counts for exploited systems, I do know it is for control systems though. From my understanding there isn't anything you can do unless you join a power, so you would have to join one that can undermine the power that is exploiting the system you're in. Basically what undermining does is it makes the controlling system cost more upkeep, so it might be too costly to hold on to, but that doesn't automatically mean they will leave either. Even if it is too much for them to hold on to, it still won't change until the next cycle, roughly a week or two.

Sendraks
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Sendraks
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Sendraks » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:09 am

One of the things you can do, is try to get a different local power to become the dominant force in your system. Each of the different powerplay factions gains more benefit from controlling systems if certain types (democrat, corporate, dictatorship etc) of local power are in control and gains less from other power types.

So you can influence things a bit by driving your local system to civil war and helping the local power which will be less helpful to the Powerplay faction, win the war. That makes the system less desirable and will make the controlling system less desirable to the PP faction. If you can flip enough exploited systems within the zone of the control system, you can really make it detrimental for the PP faction to hold that control system.

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:49 am

Sendraks wrote:One of the things you can do, is try to get a different local power to become the dominant force in your system. Each of the different powerplay factions gains more benefit from controlling systems if certain types (democrat, corporate, dictatorship etc) of local power are in control and gains less from other power types.

So you can influence things a bit by driving your local system to civil war and helping the local power which will be less helpful to the Powerplay faction, win the war. That makes the system less desirable and will make the controlling system less desirable to the PP faction. If you can flip enough exploited systems within the zone of the control system, you can really make it detrimental for the PP faction to hold that control system.

That's exactly what I'm doing in my home system as two Empire powers loom ever closer from above. Not sure I can stop them but I'll certainly try!

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”