Who's your Power? (Powerplay is finally here)

Discussions about PowerPlay in general
Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Cmdr Deasus Ziegenbagel
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Who's your Power? (Powerplay is finally here)

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:48 am

Anyone else having this issue? I've gotten over 750 merits and it still shows me at rank 1 when rank 2 is suppose to unlock at 100. Or does this not change until the end of the cycle?

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:53 am

Loriath wrote: Fly backwards. That still screws them up lol.

That's one thing I rarely do but may need to try. I tend to maneuver well not even turning flight assist off but if spinning around I pull back on the stick and use downward trust halfway in than upward thrust for second half and spins me around quite quickly. Kinda nice that NPCs are a bit smarter now though. I look forward to attacking my first Master Anaconda in my Vulture with the changes and see if it's any harder. Have a feeling the big ships won't be much harder cause they are just so slow I can use thrusters and just make circles around them slamming their Power Plants :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:21 am

Ziegenbagel wrote:Anyone else having this issue? I've gotten over 750 merits and it still shows me at rank 1 when rank 2 is suppose to unlock at 100. Or does this not change until the end of the cycle?

It happens at the end of the cycle, from the latest version of the manual...
At the end of each cycle, the total number of merits you have accumulated determines what rating you will be for the next cycle.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:36 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:If you're level 2, and have bounties and hand them in at one of her control systems, you get an extra 20%.
If you go to a system where she's expanding (they look like bullseyes on the gal map) and enter a 'sweep zone' and get kills, then hand them in at a control system, you get merits and a little cash...

Thanks for the answer! I did know the first and already delivered stuff for the last two; my main concern is the second answer:
As far as I have seen, expansion systems are also listed in the Powerplay Details tab of the person, right (and there are just very few of them, I saw about 3-4)?
Then, is the "Sweep Zone" somehow marked, so does it work like a RES in terms of astrogation and finding them? Do you kill "Wanted" ships or even Sys Sec inside that zone?

Last thing, where can one get the Special Equipment (like the multishot rail) when it is unlocked -- only at the base system of the power?

Thanks a lot!

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:05 pm

uvelius wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:If you're level 2, and have bounties and hand them in at one of her control systems, you get an extra 20%.
If you go to a system where she's expanding (they look like bullseyes on the gal map) and enter a 'sweep zone' and get kills, then hand them in at a control system, you get merits and a little cash...

Thanks for the answer! I did know the first and already delivered stuff for the last two; my main concern is the second answer:
As far as I have seen, expansion systems are also listed in the Powerplay Details tab of the person, right (and there are just very few of them, I saw about 3-4)?
Then, is the "Sweep Zone" somehow marked, so does it work like a RES in terms of astrogation and finding them? Do you kill "Wanted" ships or even Sys Sec inside that zone?

Last thing, where can one get the Special Equipment (like the multishot rail) when it is unlocked -- only at the base system of the power?

Thanks a lot!

There should be more expansion sectors after the first cycle. It looks like we have enough cc to expand at least 8 of the current 'prepare' systems.

I have not been to a sweep zone, but my understanding is that the mechanic is exactly like a CZ.

I have no clue on the special equipment. I would guess you could get them at a control system (maybe not, some are pretty low tech), or at her HQ system.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

PillDoc98
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PillDoc98

Postby PillDoc98 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:30 pm

I and my buddies picked Hudson, do the to BH bonus. Didn't even realize the combat aspect of expansion he uses. But, I don't know, or have read, much about PP yet. Just signed on with him last night, going to try and see what kind of missions pop and just generally try and figure out what to do. Should add some more fun to my game besides just farming RES sites.

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Yeah if you wanna help with combat go to Expansion Systems for Hudson and go to a Military Strike zone. Each kill is a merit when turned in at a control system. From what I see that's the only combat related way to help.

For all those with Hudson join me in Preping my home of Autahenetsi :) I did have it at 3rd yesterday now it's 7th :/ so come help me prep this awesome system!!!

Still trying to find a station that has the new ships. Sure hope they release the Federal Corvette soon cause screw getting an Anaconda!

PillDoc98
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PillDoc98

Postby PillDoc98 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 pm

As soon as I get off work and get home and put the kid to bed I'll be glad to help out making that system stronger. Hopefully make some good cash along the way, almost have my ship where I want it, then start saving for the next lol

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:43 pm

So far when it comes to combat none of the NPCs seem too much more difficult to kill. Some actually seem easier. The only ones that seem to be more difficult, just because they seem to maneuver better now, are NPCs in Eagles. Crossing my fingers for a wanted Diamondback soon :) always fun to kill a new ship type :)

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”