Who's your Power? (Powerplay is finally here)

Discussions about PowerPlay in general
Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Cmdr Deasus Ziegenbagel
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Who's your Power? (Powerplay is finally here)

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:10 am

So now that Powerplay is out who are you allined with and what are your first impressions?

I decided to Go with President Zachary Hudson :) I knew I wanted to go Fed and he has most combat oriented missions which is nice. So far in enjoying changes.

1. Have noticed so far that NPCs seem to be smarter when manuvering in combat.

2. NPCs are smarter when docking at ports and seem to not go running into walls and such anymore.

3. Assassination missions are much more viable and don't take hours searching to get it done anymore. Hey send you to one system where the target is. So far the two I have done that target wasn't at a USS like they use to be but In Supercruise. So you can either Interdict them or drop out at their wake of they do. One thing I was surprised with is that not all targets are wanted now and won't even fire on you first. Seems they want to force you into having bounties put on your head now with the new system. Also one big change was that not all targets are Experts or Masters now. I actually had a Novice Orca as a target.

4. There is speed warnings at stations now. I seem to find that 1/4 Impulse keeps you from speeding.

5. Galnet is sleek and nice to look at.

6. Some nice new Comodities to trade.

7. I'll look forward to trying out the Refueling Limbet when I have a large ship like an Anaconda, but hopefully they Federal Corvette will come soon :)

8. It's very very nice to see how far away from a ranking you have now. Like seeing that at master Combat ranking I'm around 20% through it before the next rank.

9. Dropping out at USS now can be interesting and surprising now. Use to be that you might see someone to trade with or have groups with possible bounties to collect. I've dropped into some now where I instantly drop out have a pirate telling me to drop cargo (even though my Vulture can't carry cargo) or prepare to die. I'll kill the one maybe two pirates and by the time they are dead I'll have a wing of three pirates scanning me telling me they want me dead too. Much more intense now. I may have to try and see how Strong Sources have changed but even before they weren't something you wanted to jump into alone.

Those are the biggest things I really noticed so far in a few hours of playing. Look forward to see who you all choose to be your power and what you first impressions are, or if you find anything new and interesting.

PS. Faction ranking progression seems to be more streamlined as well. Me not at much of a grind. Which is nice.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Re: Who's your Power? (Powerplay is finally here)

Postby Wolf » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Moved to Powerplay forum.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:46 pm

So after much internal debate, I finally settled on Arissa Lavigny-Duval, I like her whole 'weed out corruption' ethos. Plus she doesn't look like she'll take any crap, and well..., you know, older women, and all that, cough (the Empire just need a ship called the Cougar now ;) )

Last edited by Xebeth on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Ziegenbagel
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Cmdr Deasus Ziegenbagel

Postby Ziegenbagel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Man, Eagles are still easy to kill when you can actually see them. The NPCs just are much smarter maneuvering now. Took me close to a minute to just warrant scan an eagle today cause it was going crazy.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Ziegenbagel wrote:Man, Eagles are still easy to kill when you can actually see them. The NPCs just are much smarter maneuvering now. Took me close to a minute to just warrant scan an eagle today cause it was going crazy.

Fly backwards. That still screws them up lol.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Ghaleon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:52 pm

On Strong Signal Sources: I recently found a large group (6-10) of Asps all saying things like "I wonder what we'll find...!" and "To boldly go where noone has before...!"

On speed limits: I've noticed that, for a few of my ships, a speed of 100 units/second is just under the limit. There's no penalty for going over it, as long as you don't hit or kill anyone, it seems. Must've been to deal with griefers ramming people at stations.

On ships: Been flying around doing missions for the Empire in a Diamondback Explorer. Good ship! Half as expensive as the Vulture, but still with comparable firepower. I do feel like me shields are half as good with this ship, though. I just didn't want to rip apart my Type 9 to get back into my Vulture.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:17 am

A question, what does the option to hand in vouchers to A lavigny duval actually mean? It sounds as if you should fly into opposing systems and kill the actual Security Forces, which sounds ... well, interesting, but quite unusual.
So whom to hunt to get her vouchers?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 am

Ghaleon wrote:On Strong Signal Sources: I recently found a large group (6-10) of Asps all saying things like "I wonder what we'll find...!" and "To boldly go where noone has before...!"

Flavour NPC chat, a group of explorers

Ghaleon wrote:On speed limits: I've noticed that, for a few of my ships, a speed of 100 units/second is just under the limit. There's no penalty for going over it, as long as you don't hit or kill anyone, it seems. Must've been to deal with griefers ramming people at stations.

There's no fine for speed, only hitting people

Ghaleon wrote:On ships: Been flying around doing missions for the Empire in a Diamondback Explorer. Good ship! Half as expensive as the Vulture, but still with comparable firepower. I do feel like me shields are half as good with this ship, though. I just didn't want to rip apart my Type 9 to get back into my Vulture.

The vulture is well known for it's strong shields, one of the strongest around I believe
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:37 am

uvelius wrote:A question, what does the option to hand in vouchers to A lavigny duval actually mean? It sounds as if you should fly into opposing systems and kill the actual Security Forces, which sounds ... well, interesting, but quite unusual.
So whom to hunt to get her vouchers?

If you're level 2, and have bounties and hand them in at one of her control systems, you get an extra 20%.

If you go to a system where she's expanding (they look like bullseyes on the gal map) and enter a 'sweep zone' and get kills, then hand them in at a control system, you get merits and a little cash.

If you start at a control system and pick up some 'reports', then take them to a system you want her to expand to (it's called 'preparation'), you get merits and little cash.

Hope that helps.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Steel Talon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steel Talon

Postby Steel Talon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:04 am

I hope that the Alliance will get a more combat oriented power later on. I don't feel so well serving Hudson. "You need security, that's why I declare war in your system and take it over" just doesn't fit to me, lol.

I also hope that you will receive a proper amount of money from those power points at the end of the week. Killed 200 ships in one run in a Military Strike zone, and only got 20.000 for it.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”