Discussions about PowerPlay in general
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: General Thought On PP So Far?

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:04 am

I had another interesting experience with AI. A Diamondback Scout interdicted me. I ran for it and made it back to SC, and then got interdicted by the same guy again. I ran again and this time made it to the station. As I was approaching, I was attacked again by the same ship. This time I just kept heading for the station and then the station opened up on the Scout. As I was approaching the slot, it was pretty cool watching the cone of lasers from the station converging behind my ship and blowing up my attacker. I'd never had anything like that happen before. :)
It's time to give this another go.

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I had another interesting experience with AI. A Diamondback Scout interdicted me. I ran for it and made it back to SC, and then got interdicted by the same guy again. I ran again and this time made it to the station. As I was approaching, I was attacked again by the same ship. This time I just kept heading for the station and then the station opened up on the Scout. As I was approaching the slot, it was pretty cool watching the cone of lasers from the station converging behind my ship and blowing up my attacker. I'd never had anything like that happen before. :)

They did say there would be persistent NPCs in 1.3. I'd thought "persistent" meant the server would keep track of them like it does real players, giving them real lives, rather than just spawning new ones around you with random names. I didn't know they'd meant "persistent" would mean, "Damn pesky mosquito. Get out of my hair!"

IridiumSkies
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Torven

Postby IridiumSkies » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:44 am

I've had one or two NPCs follow me to a station after failing to interdict me in time, but they backed off once I entered the no fire zone. Once I was followed when jumping in the middle of an interdiction (the escape vector lined up with my jump trajectory), and I was immediately interdicted right into the star. That was definitely an interesting experience.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:21 am

Senex VII wrote:They did say there would be persistent NPCs in 1.3. I'd thought "persistent" meant the server would keep track of them like it does real players, giving them real lives, rather than just spawning new ones around you with random names. I didn't know they'd meant "persistent" would mean, "Damn pesky mosquito. Get out of my hair!"

Yeah, I won't mind the occasional "pesky mosquito", but there are two other changes regarding persistence that I'd like to see.

1. You should see many of the same NPCs in nearby systems if you stick around a general area. But if you jump 200 LY away, it would be nice to see different names. How many Homer Simpsons are there?

2. If you see an NPC, or a wing of NPCs, drop out of SC at a station right in front of you, it would be nice to see them there. I've sometimes seen as many as 6 or 7 NPCs drop out of SC at a station just seconds before me, but it's always a ghost town when I arrive.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “PowerPlay Discussion”