Wings, Subgroups, and Fleets supporting Powers
CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Arissa - Help Wanted

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:13 pm

I pledged to Arissa, and found a great system to get on the 'prepare' top 10 list (+134 cc). I'm gonna need help though, because it looks like the current #10 has 4000 cc. If it's going to be like that every week, it'll be hard to do anything but go where the crowd goes...and the crowd can be really stupid. Plus, one person can add maybe 40 a day without paying to 'fast track'.

Anyone want to help?
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Re: Arissa - Help Wanted

Postby uvelius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Sure! Which is it?

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:37 pm

uvelius wrote:Sure! Which is it?

I don't trust you. You must post a screenie showing you are an Arissa supporter. And a blood sample.

Just kidding.

System name is Mudhrid. 52 LY from control system Calhuacan.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:08 pm

:) Time they put out Power decals for the ships. Just good we are in Mobius ...

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Well.... after 6 months (I'm a casual player) of working within Federation space, I decided it was time for a BIG change. I moved my ships to Arissa Lavigny-Duval controlled space, and have pledged. :)

I am watching the reddit page to make sure that my contributions align with the current wishes of the group. Lots to learn as I build up Empire and Arissa Lavigny-Duval rank!

Hope to wing up with some other Arissa commanders soon. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:10 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Well.... after 6 months (I'm a casual player) of working within Federation space, I decided it was time for a BIG change. I moved my ships to Arissa Lavigny-Duval controlled space, and have pledged. :)

Well, as you can see from the FD thread, you picked a bad time to join us in ALD. :)

Fergal, et al, will sort things out, so we'll be back in a couple weeks, but the PP mechanic may turn some people off. I think they were looking to take over the galaxy ala EVE, and PP is set up to specifically disallow this.

We'll see how many stay after trying the ALD weapon, and what the Aisling shields are like.

See you out there.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:05 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Well, as you can see from the FD thread, you picked a bad time to join us in ALD. :)

See you out there.

I noticed that the current state is one of regrouping. No biggie for me. It will give me a chance to scope out the area and play around in the PP screens. Man..... lot's to check out! ;)

I found an informative website for ALD that seems to explain things better to me, and the tutorials were VERY helpful for a noob to PP like myself. :ugeek:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:30 am

This morning I had the most fun that I've had in E-D (outside of BH in a wing) in aVERY LONG time! :D

I had never used a FSD Interdictor before today. I had been quite happy trading, BH, and occasionally smuggling, so I never had a use for one. I equipped one and did some PP undermine work in a system controlled by ..... well.... a different power. ;)

Flying into the system knowing that you are considered "hostile" right off the bat adds a bit of excitement to the day. I proceeded to hunt for the correct type of ship while in SC, and fired up the FSD Interdictor when I found one. I learned that you have to be behind the ship to use it (humm.... must have missed that part when I read how to use the darn thing), and got my first victim. :twisted: I blew his ship to tiny particles of dust, and saw that I was now wanted. Yup.... everything is going as planned. Oh yeah.... 15 PP merits in the bank in about 5 minutes. ;)

I interdicted one ship after another (they were showing up on my A rated sensor pretty quickly in the DB Scout). After a handful of successful interdictions and a total of 75 merits, I was getting interdicted a *LOT* by security forces, so I figured that it was time to go.

Yes, I was just blowing up ships one-on-one and the ships were no contest for my Scout, but my god it was fun! The excitement of the interdiction and knowing that I was trying to destroy a ship before the cops show up was exhilarating!

I may progress to taking on ships in wing and bigger ships.... but... you know.... each ship gains you 15 PP merits.... so why should I take on the bigger guys? Humm....

:D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:47 am

JohnLuke wrote:This morning I had the most fun that I've had in E-D (outside of BH in a wing) in aVERY LONG time! :D

I had never used a FSD Interdictor before today. I had been quite happy trading, BH, and occasionally smuggling, so I never had a use for one. I equipped one and did some PP undermine work in a system controlled by ..... well.... a different power. ;)

Flying into the system knowing that you are considered "hostile" right off the bat adds a bit of excitement to the day. I proceeded to hunt for the correct type of ship while in SC, and fired up the FSD Interdictor when I found one. I learned that you have to be behind the ship to use it (humm.... must have missed that part when I read how to use the darn thing), and got my first victim. :twisted: I blew his ship to tiny particles of dust, and saw that I was now wanted. Yup.... everything is going as planned. Oh yeah.... 15 PP merits in the bank in about 5 minutes. ;)

I interdicted one ship after another (they were showing up on my A rated sensor pretty quickly in the DB Scout). After a handful of successful interdictions and a total of 75 merits, I was getting interdicted a *LOT* by security forces, so I figured that it was time to go.

Yes, I was just blowing up ships one-on-one and the ships were no contest for my Scout, but my god it was fun! The excitement of the interdiction and knowing that I was trying to destroy a ship before the cops show up was exhilarating!

I may progress to taking on ships in wing and bigger ships.... but... you know.... each ship gains you 15 PP merits.... so why should I take on the bigger guys? Humm....

:D

It's fun isn't it. If you wing up with Allies it can be pretty awesome and you can get through the ships really fast. You go get 15 merits regardless of the ship so there's no reason to take on an anaconda over a adder except for the fun. But taking on wings of ships is a good idea because you can get 45 points for a wing of three quicker than it would take you to get 3 single ships.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:20 pm

ZATZAi wrote:It's fun isn't it. If you wing up with Allies it can be pretty awesome and you can get through the ships really fast. You go get 15 merits regardless of the ship so there's no reason to take on an anaconda over a adder except for the fun. But taking on wings of ships is a good idea because you can get 45 points for a wing of three quicker than it would take you to get 3 single ships.

Thanks for the tips! BTW, I am always up for wings if anyone is in the area.

I hadn't thought of the 45 merits for taking out a wing of 3. Humm.... I'll have to keep an eye out for them. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Powers”