Alliance
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

The Situation in Leesti (test thread)

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Just following up on Hengest's suggestion. I didn't realize this was a separate forum; I thought it was just some automatic collection. If we can have separate threads running in here, I think it would make a lot of sense, rather than posting everything in one thread in the wings forum.

Anyway, I'm heading off to the Lave Cluster(fuck) to run some missions for ILFE in Leesti. I may also take a closer look at the target and contacts panel in regards to wanted status and factions ... :idea:

Of course, this isn't an ARF forum, but we seem to be the main pro-alliance group on this board.
Maybe we can stake a claim. :D

~Jaegers!
It's time to give this another go.

qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock

Re: The Situation in Leesti (test thread)

Postby qlock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm in Leesti/Lave area, currently hitting the Zaonce RES pretty hard. For some reason, this weekend, all the RES in the area gets retarded when winging up.

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I was in there again last night, did a bit of tweaking of my vulture - upgrading modules and fiddling with the power settings means I now have 15.68mw deployed running with only a 15.60mw power plant, but it works! :) Plus I found some military grade composite for the hull in CD something or other, next to Lave. Blew 4.something million on that.

I love my vulture, but now it's just a grinding tool until I can get a FDL or a python.. but that won't be for a few months at my current earning rate.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:46 am

Octopoid wrote:...I love my vulture, but now it's just a grinding tool until I can get a FDL or a python....

I must be doing something wrong. I went from Python to Clipper to Vulture. Preferred each to its predecessor.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:25 am

Octopoid wrote: I found some military grade composite for the hull

i'd never bother with armour on a Vulture personally; jump range and weight/agility are more important to me. but if i did fit any kind of armour, it would be reflective - based on the fact that it can shrug off almost any kind of projectile attack without losing shields, then if you require armour it's because your attacker took your shields down with lasers. so therefore, the only thing you'd need to protect against is lasers

does anyone know of any reasonable, sustainable, station-to-station trade runs in the Leesti area that would help the cause? i'm looking for something to do with my Anaconda - it's only been outside once since first bought, and that was only to practice a single exit/docking. i am absolute crap at using the map/tools to figure out a workable trade run, and yes i've read Yokai's guide. if there's something i can transport to help ILFE/AU, i will
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Octopoid
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Octopoid

Postby Octopoid » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 am

I used Thrudds online elite trading website for picking what to buy and sell - simply tell it where you are, what you've got to spend and what you can carry and it will give you a route. You can then reverse it or build a longer trading route.

It's not 100% real time but I found it pretty good.

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk

And I couldn't afford the reflective :)

Gorf - it's to do with money, I've only been playing a few weeks, haven't earned anything like enough to try a python or a clipper (and I haven't been into Empire space yet anyway so don't have any rank there). Now I've kitted my Vulture (tried all the others up to Vulture, and I decided I don't want to do trading, it's too dull when you only get an hour or two to play after work due to family stuff etc.) so I can concentrate on maximum shooting of things and minimum of going back to stations to repair... hopefully! ;)

Return to “Alliance”