InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Inoi Troriak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby InoiTroriak » Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

Senex VII wrote:
InoiTroriak wrote:Hmm yesterday so finally got the EXT point to spawn the big bounty in group play meet 4-5 other Mobius players I imiditalty sent Friend Request
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
is course is not a MUST do so asked politely any reason why you will choose to reject a fellow Mobious? The guy just got rude and choose to ignore hes stupid reply..
Seriously I really do not get the purpose of Mobius anymore? anyway Screw them got plenty of good Mobious Friends, good thing now I I know who NOT to greet in Group play,, still freaking odd..

I noticed that you sent me a friend request too. It is still there; I have neither declined it nor accepted it. And this is not personal; it is just the way I am = old-fashioned!

People whom I've just met sometimes say, "Can I add you?" Of course the answer is, "No, of course not. I scarcely know you!" Yes I understand that is the habit and culture with young people nowadays. I am not of that culture, even though my profession as an engineer was to give people the tools that allowed them to build that culture.

To me each friendship has great worth and is not a trivial coin. Although I am friendly with everyone unless they make an enemy of me, I accept no friends until we get to know each other. And that takes time. It may take weeks and months!

"What is the purpose of Mobius?" is another question entirely. There is no single 'correct' reason; different people have different reasons, and they are all valid. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a member of Mobius because I strongly support its philosophy. I gain things from the forum and occasionally contribute to it. I've lurked on their Teamspeak.

But I never play in the Mobius group in Elite! Why not? Because I'm a member of a closer smaller group of friends - maybe 15 people - who also (unwittingly) espouse the Mobius principles and whom I have known on a different Teamspeak for some years. We always play in the same group together.

I hope that contributes to the general understanding of people like me.

There is no tiered friend structure in most social media, nor in Elite. There is no way to explain why and why not when responding to a friend request. Declining a friend request just comes over as blunt and brutal. You don't know whether someone is being unfriendly, or they're too busy, or they've just realized they have 3000 friends and it's no longer meaningful, or they don't see the point, or they don't want to feel obligated, or they're old fashioned like me and only call a friend a friend after some time, or some other reason.

And that makes it a silly system. And - as with all silly systems - it helps if you make allowances when using it! :)

No worries!
Think I need to explain my intentions...
When on friends list you can always see when the others are online playing, (how else you know? Group list isnt working as it should anyway and also way to long to spent time look through and then you will need have all the Jaegers on paper written note ;)
Perhabs I just misunderstood Mobius / Jaegers purpose...... :P

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner

Postby Beast Tanner » Wed May 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello again!

Situation here in my country keeps me busy but I've been trying to play a little. This week tried few times but didn't see people online. WE have new member MehlLodbrok, welcome.

ARF works closely together with AEDC. That reminds me that 30th of this month we are celebrating 6 months of Speacial Operations of ARF. This starts with gathering at Irkutsk. I hope to see all of you there to honor our time so far and listen what is to come. I will be giving out the first officer ranks at same time so following commanders contact me PM asap:

Roger Wilco Jr
Hengest
Antmax

ARF Ad video is coming out soon.

Hope to see you in-game soon, latest at 30th of this month at Irkutsk.

Join INARA Wings: http://inara.cz/wing/28

For that friend request thing; I would be really happy if all Jaegers would friend one another. This makes everything party related much easier in-game.

Be vigilant.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Oh cool, I didn't realise that Inara had a Wing feature added. I like that, great work by Artie as always. Adding myself to the ARF wing now.

Good to see you back Beast. RWJ has been working on getting a mission up and running so just waiting for details of that.

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice

Postby InoiTroriak » Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Farewell guys...

I am not a dick :) LOL just found new grounds that actually makes sense "Proud Militia member see you in space guys"

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice

Postby InoiTroriak » Wed May 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Farewell guys

I am not a dick :)
just found new grounds and think information you all been very good to me it was fun despite I am not playing as much as many of you guys I still have a good time here..

"Proud Militia member now but will still pop in from time to time... ALIANCE 4 LIFE

Hexodus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hexodus

Postby Hexodus » Wed May 13, 2015 9:47 pm

Sign me up! I am allied with the alliance and have permit to Alioth. I'm probably in different timezone than most of you, but will like to put my efforts into a common goal.

Cheers.

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner

Postby Beast Tanner » Thu May 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome Hexodus!

As you can see Jaegers are growing and because of that some changes are coming. Those are announced in 30th of May at the Parade. Hope to see you all latest at there.

I went through the missions where Jaegers has been involved so far and I am really pleased to announce that the success rate so far is 100%. Not a single mission has failed and for that we should all be proud of. I salute you all for you efforts so far but do not let this go to your heads because when Powerplay begins, the real efforts begins.

Remember to join INARA and our wing there: http://inara.cz/wing/28

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Thu May 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Requested to join wing in INARA :D Considering cutting my expedition short to come help out in the mission.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat May 16, 2015 7:04 pm

I also joined Inarra and the ARF wing there, days ago, and am still waiting for the application to be processed. I'm running on fumes...
It's time to give this another go.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

Me too, and the PM I was asked to send to Beast remains unanswered.

I think for those of us really keen to make something of this group and do some meaningful missions in wings etc, we need to come to a decision about how to continue.

I think there are 3 options:

1. Beast is able to get more active and make the ARF into what it is supposed to be. It is his group.

2. Beast accepts that he can't commit to run the group in any meaningful way and hands over the reins to Roger Wilco Jr who has been putting in some effort into making the group more meaningful.

3. We say it was nice while it lasted and from the ashes of the ARF allow a new and active group to arise.

My preference, for what it is worth, is number 2.

Return to “Alliance”