Alliance
Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby Senex VII » Fri May 08, 2015 8:22 pm

InoiTroriak wrote:Hmm yesterday so finally got the EXT point to spawn the big bounty in group play meet 4-5 other Mobius players I imiditalty sent Friend Request
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
is course is not a MUST do so asked politely any reason why you will choose to reject a fellow Mobious? The guy just got rude and choose to ignore hes stupid reply..
Seriously I really do not get the purpose of Mobius anymore? anyway Screw them got plenty of good Mobious Friends, good thing now I I know who NOT to greet in Group play,, still freaking odd..

I noticed that you sent me a friend request too. It is still there; I have neither declined it nor accepted it. And this is not personal; it is just the way I am = old-fashioned!

People whom I've just met sometimes say, "Can I add you?" Of course the answer is, "No, of course not. I scarcely know you!" Yes I understand that is the habit and culture with young people nowadays. I am not of that culture, even though my profession as an engineer was to give people the tools that allowed them to build that culture.

To me each friendship has great worth and is not a trivial coin. Although I am friendly with everyone unless they make an enemy of me, I accept no friends until we get to know each other. And that takes time. It may take weeks and months!

"What is the purpose of Mobius?" is another question entirely. There is no single 'correct' reason; different people have different reasons, and they are all valid. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a member of Mobius because I strongly support its philosophy. I gain things from the forum and occasionally contribute to it. I've lurked on their Teamspeak.

But I never play in the Mobius group in Elite! Why not? Because I'm a member of a closer smaller group of friends - maybe 15 people - who also (unwittingly) espouse the Mobius principles and whom I have known on a different Teamspeak for some years. We always play in the same group together.

I hope that contributes to the general understanding of people like me.

There is no tiered friend structure in most social media, nor in Elite. There is no way to explain why and why not when responding to a friend request. Declining a friend request just comes over as blunt and brutal. You don't know whether someone is being unfriendly, or they're too busy, or they've just realized they have 3000 friends and it's no longer meaningful, or they don't see the point, or they don't want to feel obligated, or they're old fashioned like me and only call a friend a friend after some time, or some other reason.

And that makes it a silly system. And - as with all silly systems - it helps if you make allowances when using it! :)

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri May 08, 2015 11:03 pm

InoiTroriak wrote:Where I live garages well fence made of thick wood and apparently they deside to paint it outside Result all the cars on the other side got sprayed from their damn painting "brush" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry for laughing :lol: , but that's funny as hell. Like something you'd see on a candid television program. Effing idiots! Well I hope you got it polished out okay.
It's time to give this another go.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Senex VII wrote:To me each friendship has great worth and is not a trivial coin. Although I am friendly with everyone unless they make an enemy of me, I accept no friends until we get to know each other. And that takes time. It may take weeks and months!

I can understand that. I can count my real life true friends on one hand - one going back over 45 years. But I won't refuse a friend request, not that it makes much of a difference. Other than other Jaegers, I've said little more than hello to handful of other commanders and only 1 or 2 people on my friends list have ever contacted me. I just think we're all too shy. But I also spend most of my time in back water systems looking for a good trade route or out exploring.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 pm

I've been too busy to play much this week. I've visited the AEDC board to try and figure out what's going on there. Then I played with my 3D glasses, and then set up and tested SLI. Then there is mowing the lawn, laundry, cleaning the kitchen, ... and etc.

Anyway, it's a little confusing over at the AEDC board. And now they are starting up a whole new system on a new board. They expect you to track just about everything you do in the game, and I'm just not into that. I think they are tying to figure out how the background simulation works, which is pretty cool, but I just can't log in and report on everything I've done that day, or while I'm doing it. And it can get pretty complex, like don't trade in this system and only bounty hunt it that system and only sell trade date over here. I was expecting there to just be one or two missions, like support Wolf 406 Transport in Natis or support Independent Leesti for Equality in Leesti. But there is much more going on and I'm not up to trying to repeat it here.

I'll try to compile some general information on how best to support the Alliance. And there is one or two over arcing missions that will be ongoing for months or years. I'll try to have something posted this weekend. If anybody else wants to have a go at joining AEDC and reporting on new missions here, please have at it. I'll continue visiting there while I still have access to see if I can pick up on any new missions.

In the meantime, I'll be heading back to Alioth in my Vulture. Then I'll pick up my T9 and head out for some trading. If I'm in the area and anybody wants any help with missions (killing an elite conda), or whatever, just give me a ring. As long as I'm still in my Vulture I'll be happy to help.

Senex VII
Novice
Novice

Postby Senex VII » Sat May 09, 2015 7:29 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:In the meantime, I'll be heading back to Alioth in my Vulture.

Snap!

As a result of just one day's very profitable bounty hunting in Zaonce, I became allied with The Alliance. After that I'd moved my vulture, "The Valkyrie", over to Quivira to reduce some Imperial scum to space dust.

But when the new Diso community goal started this afternoon, I decided to take the Valkyrie to 78 Ursae Majoris (35 jumps!) get an Alioth permit, and store it at Irkutsk. Alioth is now my home system. :)

Bought a cheap Asp-taxi there and went to Cantjarisni to pick up my Callipygian (and sell the taxi). Then headed out to Diso, trading between two Alliance ports. Nice to see so much green on the radar.

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Then I'll pick up my T9 and head out for some trading. If I'm in the area and anybody wants any help with missions (killing an elite conda), or whatever, just give me a ring. As long as I'm still in my Vulture I'll be happy to help.

Or bring the T9 over to Diso for the CG. There's an unusually large number of nearby stations that will source what's required, all within one or two jumps even for heavies, and at least half are non-platform.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Sat May 09, 2015 3:51 pm

I am also based at Irkutsk, something nice about coming home to all that greenery. Thinking I may reconfigure my Asp for the CG

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Senex VII wrote:Or bring the T9 over to Diso for the CG. There's an unusually large number of nearby stations that will source what's required, all within one or two jumps even for heavies, and at least half are non-platform.

Yeah, it wasn't far from my money trade route so I swung by. I saw Hengest there, and Antmax in solo. It's crazy there. My second time departing the station I was in the back and when I launched there was a mass of ships in front of me waiting to leave, with several more outside the station trying to get in. I made it out with a minute to spare, but it was hairy and a bit scary for a while. And on my first time entering I waited until it looked clear and then slowly started going in when a conda came blasting out w/o warning. I quickly learned from the more professional pilots to announce my ship & intentions, and turn on my lights, before making a move. But with all that, don't forget to ask permission!

I think I might just do this CG in solo, like Antmax (I assume), to avoid the hassle. What they really need is real traffic control, assigning you a queue in the traffic pattern and punish you if you jump the queue.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

I have some good news for Jaegers. Some helpful members of AEDC contacted me. I think we'll have a mission area for Jaegers pretty soon. A short term goal would be to flip a station. If we want, we can stay there and flip another station, and eventually the entire system. I think there are RES there, and there will be CZs, and we can run missions for the Alliance faction, and once a station is flipped we can trade there. So there should be something to do for a long time if that sounds good to everybody.

Before I post the mission (which I don't officially have yet) I'm going to want to get clear tips on how to BH successfully to help flipping the system (who to hunt, where to turn in bounties, and etc). And other than doing Alliance missions, how else to help flip the system. And what not to do! ;)

It would be nice if Frontier could make things clear, and work, but I think AEDC are the experts for now.

Senex VII
Novice
Novice

Postby Senex VII » Sun May 10, 2015 5:12 am

Thanks for mentioning AEDC. I was previously unaware of their existence. Joined up there. Their web server's a little slow but the folk are helpful and friendly. :)

grumbleweed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Byker

Postby grumbleweed » Sun May 10, 2015 8:09 am

Thanks for the research Roger, I'm back in Alioth after joining the UA frenzy for a bit. I've also jumped into a Vulture for some combat goodness so looking forward to some BH or even CZ in a wing..

Ill be watching this thread if I can join the system flip I will.

Return to “Alliance”