Alliance
Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby Artie » Sun May 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Just a technical note about Inara wing - there is possible to transfer leadership so there is no need to create a new wing, eventually. But, of course, it's up to you and your decisions which I do not want to interfere any way. :)

grumbleweed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Byker

Postby grumbleweed » Sun May 17, 2015 8:02 pm

INARA request sent, looking forward to helping out whenever I can.. Great tool Artie by the way.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon May 18, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm getting pretty frustrated dealing with this wing, but mostly with this broken and incomplete game in general. Maybe the Power Play update will provide a way for small group activity to make sense. As it stands now, wings don't make much sense, for the casual player anyway, for trading or exploration or BH. They are useful in conflict zones, but the whole concept of conflict zones is ridiculous. They are probably most useful for difficult missions, or if you can get 3 or 4 people to check out strong signal sources. Ideally, there could be large military missions involving multiple wings, but the Alliance will need to activate their Navy for that.

Anyway, I cancelled my wing request at Inara. If it looks like this wing ever becomes serious again, I'll consider joining, but the situation is just too disappointing as it stands. I've always considered myself primarily a trader, secondarily an explorer, and thirdly a peace keeper. So for a while I'll concentrate mostly on doing my own thing, and sometimes community goals. But I'm also getting pretty bored, so I'll probably cut back on my playing until Power Play is released.

I'll still be keeping my ships in Alioth and will need to return there to switch from trading to exploring and etc. I'll probably hang around the cluster most weekends, unless I'm out exploring on the far side of the galaxy. So if anyone is interested in some wing activity, I'll be available. :)

And thanks, Hengest, for the vote of confidence. But as I said, I'm only a part time peace keeper and have no interest in running a wing. If there's ever a real war with the Alliance, where they have a Navy game play path, I'll probably join the Navy full time.
It's time to give this another go.

qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock

Postby qlock » Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 pm

@wilco: I feel exactly the same way. I mean, literally, words out of my mouth. :)

I love the idea of this game and the possibilities it fathoms. I really want to enjoy this game! I set up edtracker, voice attack with Astra ai, got everything just the way I wanted it. Got all the way to an A class vulture and then just got bored. That's sad too, because the people I've met so far were great and seemed like a lot of fun, so it's not the people, it's the lack of things to do. There just isn't much to do right now in ED, and the the time it takes to do the things that are, is very difficult for a dad trying to squeeze as much game time in as possible each week (usually ending up with few.)

Here's another cmdr hopeful that power play and, if I'm honest, the next few additions as well, will be enough to reignite my excitement and get me back in the black.

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Tue May 19, 2015 4:00 am

Sad to read the last two posts. I'm not intending to join the INARA wing. But I still find plenty to do.

What's my secret? I'm a member of a Teamspeak community dedicated to flight simulation. There's a really good group of friends built up there - people of all ages. While the focus of the community as a whole is mainly FSX, there's a significant E:D contingent too. So we hang out together on Teamspeak, encourage each other when we smack into roids, are mildly competitive when we're doing the same community goal, find best trading routes for each other, drop tonnes of palladium to help newcomers get a flying start, and so on.

Do we fly in wings? Sometimes, but more often not. It can be effective and profitable to do so, but most of the time we can be doing quite disparate things and still enjoy each other's company.

I guess it's like a group of friends that hang out together. You don't do the same activity every time you meet up; you mix it up a bit. One night it's Elite. Another it's FSX. And then a sub-group goes off to play golf in GTA V. Or maybe all in one night. The focus of the group is the friendship, rather than activity we do when we're together.

But we're all having fun in Elite. And optimistic about its future. :)

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Tue May 19, 2015 4:18 am

Really sad to hear the posts myself. Not been playing long and was very happy to see an Alliance group here in Mobius. I will keep hope for Elite and the Jaegers.

I have loads of time on my hands but no leadership skills ha. So I could help out anyone willing to lead.

Senex. That group of your sounds mighty fun, Do you accept newcomers? :D

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII

Postby Senex VII » Tue May 19, 2015 4:37 am

MAKOstrifeX wrote:Senex. That group of your sounds mighty fun, Do you accept newcomers? :D
Sure! Anyone who plays FSX can potentially be part of the community. There's a website, a number of game servers for Classic and Steam FSX, and we have our own Teamspeak. Although most members only fly in FSX, a dozen or so members also play Elite, and another dozen play DCS (both groups in addition to their playing FSX). Each has its own room tucked away in Teamspeak and a sub-forum on the website. As you can see, it doesn't detract from activities here. :)

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner

Postby Beast Tanner » Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 am

I think I've been little too optimistic how thing goes in IRL and that is why I haven't shifted the power to anybody else.

From people why I asked to contact me only Roger Wilco Jr have sent me an answer.

Anyway, if you are willing to see this through till parade and there discuss the future of this Wing, I would be happy.
Otherwise the Jaegers will see drastic changes and that is why I would like everyone to send me their timezone in pm. All the INARA invites has been accepted.

As some of you might know I do work for the army so sometimes I go without longer notice. That is no excuse, for I've should have named 2nd in command way earlier.

I hope to see you in Irkutsk at the Parade. I will be home for few days again and going to play tonight again, hope to see some of you online.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Scarstitchez

Postby Scarstitchez » Fri May 22, 2015 4:42 am

Sent my join request on INARA. Still dealing with RL stuffs but have not forgotten my fellow Jaeger CMDRs and hope to be in the cockpit again soon..

grumbleweed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Byker

Postby grumbleweed » Sat May 30, 2015 11:20 am

grumbleweed wrote:I'm still about, always play in Mobius, but I just don't get to play that much to be honest. I'm holding out for 1.3 for real improvements, as so far there's not much there for a part timer, CGs are a waste of time for me as they stand, and as you say it appears the mission system and background sim is still, wonky, if not broken. I just hope that power play is not just more grindy crap for the unemployed.

Oh Well.

Return to “Alliance”