Alliance
Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby Hengest » Sat May 30, 2015 3:12 pm

It pretty crap to see how many people interested in the ARF have been demoralised by the whole thing. There have been people pending on the Inara wing page for days and yet there is supposed to be a meet up at Irkutsk tonight. I doubt many of them will bother to come.

I am still into the idea of the ARF and will stick around in the hope that we can salvage something but it may need a complete revamp.

PS. Not sure why my PMs are not getting to Beast. I hate Tapatalk.

Also, just tried to friend a member in game to see if I could help them get Alioth permit but as they declined I won't bother.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Well I sat at Irkutsk an waited for this special meeting which was going to mark the future of ARF and guess what? Nobody turned up, not even the person who organised it. What a surprise.

So with a wing leader who doesn't lead and wing members who don't want to accept friend requests from fellow members I think I am done with ARF.

Veyder
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Veyder

Postby Veyder » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am

Please add me CMDR Veyder GMT +3:00. decently outfitted Python, Vulture and ASP to donate to the Cause
Semper Fi till I die!

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Hengest wrote:Well I sat at Irkutsk an waited for this special meeting which was going to mark the future of ARF and guess what? Nobody turned up, not even the person who organised it. What a surprise.

So with a wing leader who doesn't lead and wing members who don't want to accept friend requests from fellow members I think I am done with ARF.

Sounds like me a couple months ago, waiting for the meet up and nobody showed. I haven't played for 2 weeks. I didn't plan it that way, I just got really busy with the holiday and guests and movies - even read about 6 books in that time. Now I've been browsing the main forums and it looks like they broke the game again! I was going to try it out, but now I think I may wait for another patch first. Maybe I'll pop in to see if I can still get a Diamondback on sale.

As for wing members not accepting friend requests, I could almost expect it. If you just read the first few pages of this thread it looks like a great wing to join if you want to support the Alliance, so you post a reply saying you want to join. But then you see what a train wreck this wing has actually become and you just forget and ignore it.

:(
It's time to give this another go.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:03 pm

I haven't been playing much the last couple of weeks either. We bought Witcher 3 which is a series my wife loves. So we sit together me playing and she watching over my shoulder chatting away and mostly following the story. So I barely have time to play elite because any that is free. The other half wants to continue with witcher.

I also started playing solo more as Mobius gets more players and CG systems and bounty hunting becomes more crowded. I guess I'm not really that much of a MMO type player and seldom hook up with anyone. I suspect a couple of other members are similar since I see them listed as in solo more often than not.

-Jericho-
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: -Jericho-

Postby -Jericho- » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Hengest wrote:Well I sat at Irkutsk an waited for this special meeting which was going to mark the future of ARF and guess what? Nobody turned up, not even the person who organised it. What a surprise.

I'm sad to see this fell apart. :?

I suspect that its less about the people than it is about the limitaitons in the game itself, at least the limitaitons when it comes to social content and group tools.
Perhaps the PowerPlay content will change this a little bit?... I'm hopeful that it will.

I found this thread because I was considering trying to start a Mahon/Alliance group in Mobius called the Freedom Fighters. My thought was that when flying together we'd do so in Open mode and really experience PowerPlay for all its worth. :evil: ... and then when we got tired of dying, or needed to recoup our losses, we could slip back into Mobius and grind some trade routes and CGs until we were ready to get back into the fray again.

I've been flying with another member of Mobius recently, we only really get together to fly in CZs for CGs, but its a great alternative to flying solo all the time.
We are typically online during weeknights between 7PM and 11PM EST.

I'm hoping that having PowerPlay will provide us all some more reason to organize and share common goals.

I have a TS channel that we could use when we're looking for PP Open play. You could drop in there and see if anyone is doing PP to team up with. Send me a PM and I'll share the info with you.

Thoughts?

CMDR -Jericho-

Ken-san
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ken 'BG' Himura

Postby Ken-san » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:47 am

I'm actually looking for Mahonnaise pilots in Mobius to fly together sometimes to undermine other powers but I mostly just trade quietly in the corner :P

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:11 am

Ken-san wrote:I'm actually looking for Mahonnaise pilots in Mobius to fly together sometimes to undermine other powers but I mostly just trade quietly in the corner :P

Ha ha, good one. You should be able to find An Officer and a Gentleman to fly with somewhere. :lol:
It's time to give this another go.

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I just want to get one thing straight. It was me who declined the request. BY ACCIDENT. I apologised to Henghest via the ARF wing and via a private message on these forums. He hasn't accepted it and that's his problem now. I clicked the wrong thing by accident which I didn't realise till there was a post about it.

I never decline friend requests on purpose. :D

Return to “Alliance”