Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

How perceptions change

Postby Neillm » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 pm

When the beta bubble was first removed I must admit I was a little (read...a lot) daunted by the scale of the game and the seemingly huge distances between places. A friend of mine started a little over 160ly away from where I was and I undertook an epic, or so it seemed, journey to get there so we could meet up. Admittedly, this was before the route planner was brought in so it was more of a chore to get from place to place.

Now, after playing for a while, doing rare runs, meeting other people who've started in different places or heading for conflict zones, 160ly seems like a trip to the local shops. Even so far as making a 500ly round trip, just so I could sell my Freagle for 40k because my knowing it was out there was bugging me. :-)

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Re: How perceptions change

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 pm

I know exactly what you mean! At around the same time I started at LHS 1914 and after a lot of trading I was able to upgrade and but a Hauler. I was finally able to go to Sol, that long flight. I planned it well ahead and had the whole evening scheduled free to be able to do it.

After a time in and around Sol I traveled to Azrael all the way in the Empire! Man what a long haul flight it was. Amazing!

Just a few days ago I traveled to Sol, Azrael, LHS 1914 and the Founders world and some other places in just one evening in my ASP :)

I just LOVE this game :)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Then you get to a system that's not a system, just a sun, without even that lonely npc who seems to be a solitary sentinel posted for some minor indiscretion by some other, superior npc, and who probably wishes he'd listened to his npc mum who said his npc dad had never left the station because of his asthma and had a romantic and misguided view of the nobility of the space security forces.
Then, in spite of the sun boiling blisters in your paintwork, it feels really, really cold.
Last edited by Walter on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:51 pm

:D
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “General Discussion”