pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Krait MK2 weapon loadout

Postby pargyrak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm

https://s.orbis.zone/3kbv

2 efficient beams (with 3 you freeze you ass off) 1 Overcharged and 2 Multis Overcharged (Corrosive+Autoloader) so you can takadaka-takadaka
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Sasquatch the great
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Rowdydowdys
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby Sasquatch the great » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm

I personally like to roll with two C3 multi cannons, One C3 seeker missle rack, and two gimballed C2 burst lasers.
I use the burst lasers and the multi cannons to kill the shields, this might sound silly, but the M cannons are surprisingly effective against shields.

After the shields go down, i chunk out the seeker missles along with the burst lasers, (For armor penetration) to deal the most hull damage
I usually fire a max 6 missles at one target if they have not died already, and finish them off with the multi cannons.

I also like to use the fixed beam taipan and the multi cannon condor for the ship launched fighters. (I just call them "mini-ships")

dapprman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DAPPRMAN
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby dapprman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 pm

Re-awakening this thread.

I'm trying to set up a Krait 2 on a budget for while in Colonia. This is my present setup, which is a combination of a work in progress and keeping things cheapish
https://s.orbis.zone/8iK2
On Edsy
Note the beams are engineered to allow me to pin the blue print from Mel Brandon, I'm not looking to engineer anything else at present (except maybe the multi canons). Also the empty slot is a size 3, not a size 1. Oh and I can manually dock but I'm lazy so the computer stays :D

Thoughts for tweaks/changes/additions ?

PS a slightly used Hutton Orbital mug for anyone who can work out the source of the ship name (which is a combination of names) - it's partly relevant and probably only guessable to Brits between ~45 and 65.

Imo
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Imo

Postby Imo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:34 pm

I suggest all gimballed multi cannons. If you are engineering too, fit 2 * 3C with rapid fire incendiary rounds, 1 * 3C with overcharged corrosive shells and 2 * 2F with overcharged thermal shock. :)

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Sold my Krait MK2 today I do not like those pontoons sticking out will miss her shields, fighter, firepower, jump-range she been sitting their collecting dust and storing mods. Doing must of my fighting in my Courier fixed MC or Beams or a mix lots of fun tough ship, fast and great in VR. Will build a Chieftain for a bit of res fun later this week, may as well use these engineer mats.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Krait MK2 weapon loadout

Postby SCE2AUX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:37 am

I’m only just learning mine but I have 3 large overcharged multi’s and then 2 regular canons, also engineered but to what extent I can’t remember. Since it’s PVE I like to fart around with all types of stuff. The cannon’s look pretty cool from the cockpit. With this setup and my fighter bay I have an absolute blast doing multicrew in RES’. It is far from my main combat ship but it is just so versatile with all the room. The MkII is so awesome in VR.

It’s my engineering material farming, exploring, NPC killing machine. Does anyone else park over canyons and take their fighter for a stretch? Very underrated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:52 pm

During the ongoing CZ CG, I patched a build together which I find quite interesting -- not the dakkadakka type, but one that makes use of the Krait's agility and speed:
Class 3 Hardpoints (3): All PAs, engineered (this might be required to make the build work),
Class 2 Hardpoints (2): All Rails, ideally Long Range engineered.

If you fire all your guns, you will overheat pretty quickly. But if you use the Rails for anything beyond, say, 1 km, and the PAs exclusively on Point Blank rage (which is the only way to score consistent hits anyway), then heat will not be an issue. You can tag flying wrecks from a distance, and paste those big ships from close up.
Throw in a Beam Taipan for good.
Only drawback is that you probably wouldn't have room for more than one shield cell, so keep your eyes on the scanner ...

Works like a charm. And looks cool. And might even stand a chance in PvP, if one wants to delve in those depth, somewhere else of course ...

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:41 pm

It's a good build I tried that build last year it does kill. I went back to my old 3C, 2 fixed lasers, 1 PA, and 2 gimballed MC on my engineered Krait mostly because I like those beams which does do well in PVP until the second or third ship jump in unfortunately this appears to be the norm.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:27 am

I played with my Krait loadaouts for CZ/Rez PvE currently.
Add a Taipan with Beams to all loadouts, plus Guardian SRB, a Shield Cell for emergencies, and 2-3 SRB (your shields are MASSIVE that way, while your hull is paper-thin, NEVER let your shields drop or run!). Dirty Drives G5, stripped down overcharged PP. G5 Fast recharge Power Distributor.

A combination to train skill, but too slow if you want a good time/kill ration (but FUN! And even quite versatile in PvP ... see above):
Plasma Krait:
3x Class 3 Plasma Acc, Grade 5 Efficient/Focused or similar
2x Rails, Grade 5 Cascade, Superpen

Easygoing variants:

Highly efficient PvE combo:
3x Class 3 Beams, 2x G3 Efficient, 1x G3 Long Range Thermal Vent
2x Class 2 Multis, Corrosive plus something of your choosing
All gimballed.

Same without ammunition issues:
3x Class 3 Beams, 2x G3 Efficient, 1x G3 Long Range Thermal Vent
1x Class 2 Beam
1x Class 2 Multi, G5 Corrosive
All gimballed.

You can fire the Beams indefinitely without heat issues, 1 Pip in Shields and 1 in Engines is enough so you have 4 for Weaps. You'll just have to pause for a second now and then to let the guns themselves cool off. You should still be able to boost frequently.
Build #3 Corrosive Multi is only used until the corrosive effect bites (and again when it has worn off), you'll stay in the game much longer that way.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:51 am

Greetings Commander dapprman -o7-

Myself and few other Commanders -
    Commander MOON_WATCHER
    Commander Insane McManiac
    Commander Logic_Me
    Commander Condor77

We got to Colonia Saturday *very early* morning ( ED TIME ) and we are in the area untill atleast Thursday ( 3307.04.08 ) we plan doing a Commanders Meet * Stream on Wednesday as well - so if you want to meet up with fellow Commander - please add me ZETERON and or Logic_Me to your in-game friends list.

dapprman wrote:Re-awakening this thread.

I'm trying to set up a Krait 2 on a budget for while in Colonia. This is my present setup, which is a combination of a work in progress and keeping things cheapish
https://s.orbis.zone/8iK2
On Edsy
Note the beams are engineered to allow me to pin the blue print from Mel Brandon, I'm not looking to engineer anything else at present (except maybe the multi canons). Also the empty slot is a size 3, not a size 1. Oh and I can manually dock but I'm lazy so the computer stays :D

Thoughts for tweaks/changes/additions ?

PS a slightly used Hutton Orbital mug for anyone who can work out the source of the ship name (which is a combination of names) - it's partly relevant and probably only guessable to Brits between ~45 and 65.

Interesting build, as far as "Ashcroft & Cant" I might be showing my age here, I want to say Playschool ;)

In regards to the Krait Mk2 there are MANY ways to make an omlette, but the best way is one that engages your playstyle -

Given the Parameters ( e.g. Cheap, Low engineering ) I came up with this - my play-style is best described as part - brawler / vanguard - my style of engagementn is efectively about 0.5 km - to - 1.5 km from the target

https://s.orbis.zone/dv51

Weapon Systems - all Engineered to Grade 3
    [ HP 1 ] - ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser ( Efficient + Thermal Vent )
    [ HP 2 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
    [ HP 3 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Corrosive Shell )
    [ HP 4 ] - ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser ( Efficient + Thermal Vent )
    [ HP 5 ] - ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser ( Efficient + Thermal Vent )
Dropped the Class 7B Power Plant and Installed a Class 6A Power Plant with Grade 3 Overcharged and Monstered *[a]
Engineered the 7A Power Distributor for Grade 3 Weapon Focused + Super Capacitors
Engineered the 6B Thrusters to Grade 3 ( Dirty Drive Tuning + Drag Drives )
Egnineered the Life Support and Sensors to Grade 3 ( Lightweight )
Engineered the 1A Light Alloys "Bulkheads" to Grade 3 ( Heavy Duty + Deep Plating )

*[a] The 6A power plant is more Heat Effcient than the 7D and provides a little more power, it also a lot less mass than the 7B and about a million space bucks cheaper too.

Optional Internals ( All Engineered to Grade 3 )
3x Hull Modules ( Heavy Duty + Deep plating ) *[b]
1x 3B Shield ( Reinforced + Hi-Cap ) *[c]
2x 0A Shield Booster ( Heavy Duty + Super Capacitors )*[c]
1x 0A Shield Booster ( Restiance Augmented + Thermo Block ) *[c]
1x Kill Warrant Scanner ( Long Range )*[d]

*[b] So she can take a hit or two past her shields to Fnish off a fight
*[c] an old wise commander once said to me "You need more than a blue light to protecting you in a HazRes site"
*[d] Money is money, and theres no better money than free money ;)

Alternate Weapons Load-Out

You could forgo the Beam Lasers and go for a complete DAKKA build with all Multi-Cannons as such

Weapon Systems - all Engineered to Grade 3
    [ HP 1 ] - ( Gimbled ) Beam Laser Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
    [ HP 2 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Incendary Rounds )
    [ HP 3 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Incendary Rounds )
    [ HP 4 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( Overcharged + Auto Loader )
    [ HP 5 ] - ( Gimbled ) Multi-Cannon ( High Capacity + Corrosive Shell )

Using a Split-Fire Approach with the Incendary Round multi-cannons bounded on one trigger fire group ( with the KWS ) and the other group with the Auto-loader / corrosive shell augmented Multi-Cannons -

This is an effectively Power-Cheap and you could run 4 pips to sheilds and with 2 pips to weapons - it would be unlikely to run the capacitor Dry - even with all the Dakka firing. Also the "Damage Fall Off" doesn't start until 1.6km ( the Beams are 600m ) - only thing is the lead to target and the round-travel time will effect the number of hits.

Sadly the down side is that your Theater Operation Time will be limmited due to Ammo, sure you can synth the stuff, but more often than not you will want to grab some at a star port - as such you will be limited to about 10-15 Targets in a HazRes site

So in short - what combat style do you resonate with? find a build that you can "get with" and try it out - but never fly without rebuy ;)

Hope to see you out here in the Black Commander -o7-

Return to “General Discussion”