Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Wake Scanner, etc

Postby tinnitus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 am

Wondering who engineered Frame Ship Wake Scanner, Fuel Scoop. Makes sense to do the Ship Sensors as you do get range and an increase in HWake. I do not have a Fuel Scoop on all my ships but most of them sort of never leave home without sure it reduces cargo space but it ain't no fun running out of gogo juice. Material cost is higher than I thought it would be - guessing it all as a high cost.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

MikelGTC
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MikelGTC81
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Wake Scanner, etc

Postby MikelGTC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 am

I pretty much never touch limpets scoops etc with upgrades. However I do have engineered wake scanner with long range mod when grinding wake data near stations. I find a sweet spot from where I can scan majority of ships that do high wake in and out and doesn't move from there. I imagine fast scan might be useful in pvp, not needed otherwise.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Yeah range, will build one today - wish we knew TTL for a wake signature like a USS. Heck I may build two range/fast scan, fast is at the expense of range and integrity hmm your correct Range is better. For me today space is more interesting enjoying chasing USS and most ships that I see.

update: engineered 3 today, Long Range (better) Fast and Wide then a couple of fuel scoops.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:37 am

Long-range to 6.5+ km and go to distribution center in famine system. Just enough range to not to move.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:49 am

Always busy at the distro center. I am at Facece (Military) busy scanning a few more I'm done. Thank-you.
Image]

Return to “General Discussion”