How do you ensure 2nd account joins same Mobius private group?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
jacozilla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jacozilla
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

How do you ensure 2nd account joins same Mobius private group?

Postby jacozilla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:08 am

Howdy,

Happy and longtime Mobius player since ~2015 but only ever had 1 account. Awhile back introduced the wife to ED but she never really caught on so the 2nd account is mostly for me, but every now and then she'll play.

So odd question - I know I can get on 2nd account, and make invitation request to join Mobius with that account - but how do I ensure that 2nd accout gets into the same Mobius group my this primary account is in?

I ask because I'm generally aware there are multiple Mobius groups but not really sure, nor cared till now, which my main account is in. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that if I want to wing up in private group with my 2nd account, we both need to be in same private group yes?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: How do you ensure 2nd account joins same Mobius private group?

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 am

Yup, to wing up you'll both need to be in the same PG. I assume that you're in the original "Mobius" PG since you joined way back when, in 2015. That group is closed so your wife's account will need to request to join either Mobius Eurasia or Mobius Americas. The instructions on how to do that are here.

If you want to have your account in the same PG, you can go through the same 'join' process to request to change PG's. When you get to the screen that asks how you heard about Mobius, select the " I'd like to change my private group" option.

Or, you can create your own PG and wing up there. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

jacozilla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jacozilla
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How do you ensure 2nd account joins same Mobius private group?

Postby jacozilla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am

oh! problem solved, i forgot we could create our own PGs.

she probably won't play much, so i'll just make my own PG for when she plays.

Return to “General Discussion”