Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Marlfan1
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Marlfan1
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

PS4 and "Child" accounts

Postby Marlfan1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

I am new to the PS4 and new to Elite. I bought the PS4 Pro to play MLB2017 because the game was only on the PS. That was Christmas last year (2017). I was looking for other games and always enjoyed space flight games (Wing Commander, etc). I found ED and started watching YouTube videos by Greylock and Obsidiant and was hooked! I bought the game and joined Mobiuspve-2 to stay away from gankers. Bought the T-Flight HOTAS 4, and haven't even thought about MLB 2017 since. I am still learning about Elite and the PlayStation (haven't owned a console since the Sega; yes, I am ancient). Recently found out that you can ha e more than one PlayStation account (called a "child account?) so that other people can use the console and not interfere with each other's saved games, and that every PS account has access to every game on the console. All that to ask this...Is it acceptable to use this policy to create "Alts" in Elite, and can you Alts also join Möbius?

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: PS4 and "Child" accounts

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 am

That's a good question. I don't know, but hopefully someone does.

SonicAlpha
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SonicAlpha

Postby SonicAlpha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Marlfan1 wrote:All that to ask this...Is it acceptable to use this policy to create "Alts" in Elite, and can you Alts also join Möbius?

A child account is specifically for children/teens, and can have parental restrictions placed upon it.

You can, however, have multiple accounts (adult or child) on the PS4, without it interfering with any other accounts. Their saves, and settings, are all kept separate from each other.

If you bought a physical copy of ED, good news, each account can play it without any sort of problem.

If you bought digital, the account that made the purchase must make the current PS4 its Primary system, in order to allow the other accounts to use it (this also applies to the Horizons season pass included in the physical edition).

If you wish to use another account to access Mobius PGs, you'll need to make a separate application for each account (remember, the CMDR name is the PSN you're going to be using).

You will need a new Frontier account for each new CMDR/PSN you create.

Only your main account will need PS+, as long as it's set on the Primary PS4, it applies to all accounts currently on the console.

Hope that helps :)

Marlfan1
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Marlfan1

Postby Marlfan1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess my main concerns in all this are; 1. Frontier. I don't want to be banned! :D and 2. Mobius, I would like to be able to be social when I fly, and would like any "alt" to be able to join and fly in the private group.

SonicAlpha
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SonicAlpha

Postby SonicAlpha » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Marlfan1 wrote:Thanks for the info. I guess my main concerns in all this are; 1. Frontier. I don't want to be banned! :D and 2. Mobius, I would like to be able to be social when I fly, and would like any "alt" to be able to join and fly in the private group.
1. You shouldn't have a problem.
2. Mobius has many CMDRs who also fly with alts, on all platforms.

Return to “General Discussion”