Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Red Dwarf references/Space team

Postby lafzy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:05 am

Hi all, big red dwarf fanboy here! I used to come across quite a few red dwarf references in game. I recall fighting a wing of 2 NPC's called Bindi Bhaji and Tarka Dall, and have come across NPC's Dave Lister and Mr Flibble in the bubble! Screenshot of Mr Flibble below, cant upload the Dave Lister screenshot at the mo as its saying file is too large!

Anyone else come across any Red Dwarf references? Its been a few months since i last saw one!

Thought i'd try and start a thread for any like minded Red Dwarf fanboys and girls to post them in!

On another note, I've been reading a series of books called 'Space Team', its an amusing and easy read, and in my opinion a massive nod to Red Dwarf, featuring a polymorph type creature, a canine rather than a feline, mechanoids and a space assassin called Vajazzle! Just started on book 3 and its been a fun ride so far! The lead character's surname is Carver, which may also be a nod to another interesting series of books called the Chaos Chronicles by an author called Jeffrey Carver. That said i've been waiting over a year and counting for him to finish book 4! The series is well worth a read in my humble opinion with some 'out-there' concepts thrown in like sentient stars. Sorry for the spoiler, i won't say any more than that!

Fly safe all!

Lafzy
Attachments
Elite Dangerous_20180204211319.jpg
Elite Dangerous_20180204211319.jpg (244.78 KiB) Viewed 2126 times

GoaThief
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GoaThief
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Red Dwarf references/Space team

Postby GoaThief » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 am

I absolutely love old red dwarf, haven't got around to seeing the new ones yet neither have I seen any references in Elite. Would be hype.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:19 am

I love Red Dwarf, and my wife and I recently finished a speed run, watching every episode over the course of a few weeks.

I've seen Dave Lister in-game, but don't remember seeing any other RD references.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Never heard of that serie, but just seeing the wiki article made me want to find it somewhere. that thing seems to be completely bollocks :)

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:28 pm

[quote="LeDoyen"]Never heard of that serie, but just seeing the wiki article made me want to find it somewhere.

Its well worth a watch! Some of it might seem a bit dated, i think the first season aired in 1988, but it really is funny!

I've noticed that some of the episodes are on YouTube, maybe you can find them there. In my opinion, best to start at the beginning as there was a massive gap (10 years) between series 8, and the newer episodes in series 9 to 12. Series 9 is called return to earth and its probably my least favourite, but all are worth a go in my opinion!

Hrdina - I've done the same recently myself! Every few years i dust off the box set and do a back to back red dwarf marathon! I've never grown tired of it!

Return to “General Discussion”