ARIC'THEBEARD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ARIC'THEBEARD
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Crime and Punishment system is a joke

Postby ARIC'THEBEARD » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Begin Rant

The crime and punishment system is a complete joke.

Here I am flying around Bhugui doing the combat CG, turning in bounties, doing pretty well so far. Then I go to target a wanted ship in a fire fight with the authority ships. Well I accidentally targeted a ship that was not wanted but partaking in the fire fight. Shot at him once before realizing my blunder. Get a 400 credit bounty, and then have every single authority ship in the high res site I was working start taking me out. To me that's the equivalent of getting in a finder bender driving a Bugatti and having the local police kill me and destroy my car, then transport me to another country because that's the closest detention center.

They really need to rethink the C&P system, maybe give a warning or something, with a fine still. But I mean jeez, to take me out for a 400 credit bounty seems a bit exessive.

Rant over...lol

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Re: Crime and Punishment system is a joke

Postby tinnitus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:01 pm

Your correct it is ridiculous; ridiculous that it was seen but still introduced, ridiculous that is has been identified a long time back but not corrected, ridiculous that it has been a problem before Engineers. It is so easy to accidentally shoot security or another Human or NPC then your day is ruined, yes you can escape (depending on where you are in game) and play in another sector but most of us are working on some sort of goal and it really does fuck my day. Yes 400 credits is excessive. They need to fix this before 2040 LOL.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zermus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zermus

Postby Zermus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 am

I always thought it was BS that you magically insta-aggro all the security forces for one shot like that.

ARIC'THEBEARD
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ARIC'THEBEARD » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:09 am

Yeah, I was pretty mad. I mean I know they did it trying to help out with the griefing and crap, but man, come on. They really need to take a different approach, because this just hurts the normal players worse then any griefer.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:29 am

All C&P are a joke, cause it's a game.

But the gist of all this:

DON'T SHOOT AT CLEAN TARGETS.
It really is that simple.

Take your licks, learn from them and stop fucking whining.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:54 pm

TorTorden wrote:All C&P are a joke, cause it's a game.

But the gist of all this:

DON'T SHOOT AT CLEAN TARGETS.

I agree with Tor.
(I agree with Tor?)
I agree with Tor.

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Ignore the criticism, Its not whining to express a view, and i agree with you to a large degree that C&P is flawed. It's way too easy to hit a clean target by accident during a firefight, especially when the AI seems to consistently want to run NPC's right into my line of fire while i'm firing at a legit target! Some leeway should be built in to avoid a disproportionate response from the local space bobbies, like maybe three (mis)strikes and you're cannon fodder!

I was more annoyed about the hot modules change to C&P, appreciate its my fault for not fully reading about the changes, but it took me a while to get my head around what happened when i moved some hot modules around and couldn't put them back on the ship until i'd payed over the odds to clean them up separately from the ship. Not the end of the world, just mildly annoying!

ARIC'THEBEARD
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ARIC'THEBEARD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm

TorTorden wrote:DON'T SHOOT AT CLEAN TARGETS.

Well its not like I did it on purpose, so no its really not that simple, but you got it boss, no more fucking whining from this CMDR.

lafzy wrote:Ignore the criticism, Its not whining to express a view, and i agree with you to a large degree that C&P is flawed. It's way too easy to hit a clean target by accident during a firefight, especially when the AI seems to consistently want to run NPC's right into my line of fire while i'm firing at a legit target! Some leeway should be built in to avoid a disproportionate response from the local space bobbies, like maybe three (mis)strikes and you're cannon fodder!

Agree, a three strikes your out kind of deal would be an improvement.

Then again that would probably raise problems for players playing in open against griefers. In all reality there is probably nothing they could do to help the normal solo or group player that would also help the open players against griefing and such. That is the big problem, and I am not blinded by my "whining" to see that. There will never be the perfect mix that would make everybody happy. So I will continue to fly on...lol

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Just imagine you're walking down the street when you spot a well-known wanted criminal. Drawing your legal and fully-licensed sidearm you challenge the miscreant, who then turns the situation into a firefight. The cops turn up and escalate the event, but in all the excitement you wing one of them.

How long do you think you would last.
Last edited by Walter on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ARIC'THEBEARD
Harmless
Harmless

Postby ARIC'THEBEARD » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Walter wrote:Just imagine you're walking down the street when you spot a well-known wanted criminal. Drawing your legal and fully-licensed sidearm you challenge the miscreant, who then turns the situation into a firefight. The cops turn up and excalate the event, but in all the excitement you wing one of them.

How long do you think you would last.

That's a damn good analogy, good way to put it. Really didn't think about it like that.

I have since just kitted out a cheap eagle, fast, agile, and I don't do a heck of a lot of damage so usually the miscreant doesn't even bother with me. But I still get the bounty so it works out pretty well. This way it doesn't break the bank either when I get in a tight spot.

Return to “General Discussion”