Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

[XENO] Defend core systems from Thargoid threat

Postby uvelius » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:10 am

The Thargoid thread is closing on the core systems. A mere 140 ly away from Eravate, LFT 434 is now in focus of Thargoid scouts.
It is said that by hunting down enough scouts, a direct threat to a station (=on fire) could be avoided.

So grab some AX Multicannons and head out top endangered places, if you want to defend human space. Avoid the acid clouds of destroyed scouts, but if you are caught in one, overheat to 120-160 degrees to burn the acid off.
Also, be advised that a group called HALT is *defending* the Thargoids by interdicting hunters, of course in Open and not here in Mobius (I personally do like that interaction, by the way, so I would be found in Open. But then, I appreciate the occasional PvP fight ).

For more info, refer to the Canonn Xeno defence groub "Lab 69", https://canonn.science/lab69xia/
and read more here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... o-about-it

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: [XENO] Defend core systems from Thargoid threat

Postby Tifu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am

I didn't realize they were that close :shock: Been ignoring the Thargoids so far but now I'm catching up on my research. Thanks for all the links! Looks like my Viper Mk4 will be perfectly suited for some scout and hit-n-run attacks if properly configured.

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:16 am

8-) Oh boy, I'll have to speed up my plans for outfitting a Thargoid hunter, it seems...

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm

It seems that they have left the stated system now. But be assured that they are lurking somewhere close ...

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 am

uvelius wrote:It seems that they have left the stated system now. But be assured that they are lurking somewhere close ...

Thanks for the update :) Let us know if the Thargoids rear their ugly heads up again.

Return to “General Discussion”