Battle Clipper

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
mtflorea
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Battle Clipper

Postby mtflorea » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Yes I know the clippers shields are made out of paper mache (or raditz) but I love this thing. Its gorgeous. Fast as fucc boi. And maneuverable. I need ideas. Currently I have 2 3C Multi-Cannons in the large slots. And 2 2D Beams in the mediums. It does solid dps as it is but I feel it could be better.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Battle Clipper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi mtflorea,

I haven't done much combat in a Clipper but must admit when I had mine (that is until I got my Cutter), the only combat experience with it was in fact an experiment with all and only frag cannons.... was a blast, litterally...
But never really went any further with this, my main current combat ships being the Vette, Conda and recently Krait MkII.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

The Murphy
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Shinkick Murphy

Postby The Murphy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:47 am

mtflorea wrote:Yes I know the clippers shields are made out of paper mache (or raditz) but I love this thing. Its gorgeous. Fast as fucc boi. And maneuverable. I need ideas. Currently I have 2 3C Multi-Cannons in the large slots. And 2 2D Beams in the mediums. It does solid dps as it is but I feel it could be better.

The Clipper is certainly usable for combat.... I'll have to look up my setup when I'm back from an exploration stint.

But I think I have quite a similar setup to yours, mtflorea. I have engineered the guns a bit though, I probably have military alloys and prismatic shields on it as well :mrgreen:
I'll get back to you, once I get back to the bubble.... but what I can say from experience so far, the Clipper is gorgeously maneuverable ^^ I have engineered thrusters, but not the dirty ones. But she is FAST. And she TURNS fast, especially for a big ship. Thats your main combat ability right there. Slap on an engineered shield booster and a shield bank and you're good to go ;)
She definitely needs engineering though. Without, she sounds beautiful, she looks beautiful, she is rather fast.... but not designed to do anything specific. You need to engineer her the way you want her.

Cheers & fly dangerously o7

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come play Elite." - Morty (if he'd play E:D, hehe)

-- Playing on PC in Mobius Eurasia PVE, come find me! --

mtflorea
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: XBOX

Postby mtflorea » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 am

The Murphy wrote:
mtflorea wrote:Yes I know the clippers shields are made out of paper mache (or raditz) but I love this thing. Its gorgeous. Fast as fucc boi. And maneuverable. I need ideas. Currently I have 2 3C Multi-Cannons in the large slots. And 2 2D Beams in the mediums. It does solid dps as it is but I feel it could be better.

The Clipper is certainly usable for combat.... I'll have to look up my setup when I'm back from an exploration stint.

But I think I have quite a similar setup to yours, mtflorea. I have engineered the guns a bit though, I probably have military alloys and prismatic shields on it as well :mrgreen:
I'll get back to you, once I get back to the bubble.... but what I can say from experience so far, the Clipper is gorgeously maneuverable ^^ I have engineered thrusters, but not the dirty ones. But she is FAST. And she TURNS fast, especially for a big ship. Thats your main combat ability right there. Slap on an engineered shield booster and a shield bank and you're good to go ;)
She definitely needs engineering though. Without, she sounds beautiful, she looks beautiful, she is rather fast.... but not designed to do anything specific. You need to engineer her the way you want her.

Cheers & fly dangerously o7
Beautiful stuff

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:45 pm

I found this build on reddit https://eddp.co/u/9wxJAkvj last year so I rebuilt my Clipper does well in RES PVE, bit more work in conflict zones but edge fighting sometimes a swarm forums quickly time to leave dodge or just boost away.

Reddit Clipper
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”