GuardStar
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GuardStar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Clarification on game modes

Postby GuardStar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Greetings Commanders,

Now that I have been playing for a short while I have noticed that whether you play open, solo or in a group you are playing the same character and have the same ships and money. Is this to mean that no mater what mode you play we are all still playing in the same instance of the galaxy. For example if I and another player were playing solo and happen to dock at the same station and the other players is buying commodities I should be seeing the stock level changes on my screen?

If this is true then the different modes only effect the players ability to see each other?

BTW, Instancing is not very good as I made a private group for a few friends to join and it still doesn't load us together most of the time and they are on my friends list :shock:

Anthony Jones
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Anthony Jones
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Clarification on game modes

Postby Anthony Jones » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:17 pm

GuardStar wrote:Greetings Commanders,

Now that I have been playing for a short while I have noticed that whether you play open, solo or in a group you are playing the same character and have the same ships and money. Is this to mean that no mater what mode you play we are all still playing in the same instance of the galaxy. For example if I and another player were playing solo and happen to dock at the same station and the other players is buying commodities I should be seeing the stock level changes on my screen?

If this is true then the different modes only effect the players ability to see each other?

BTW, Instancing is not very good as I made a private group for a few friends to join and it still doesn't load us together most of the time and they are on my friends list :shock:

This is correct and you can swap between modes at will.

Private groups are a bit bugged at the moment they seem to be concentrating on open play. There was a few of us who met up in mobius private group and we could only see each other when we went to open play

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Clarification on game modes

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:46 pm

On the other hand, I meet a lot of other commanders while in the MOBIUS group, so there is a "lucky" factor with the matchmaker as it's called.

Return to “General Discussion”