Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Harmonium
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BetaPersei
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Interdicted!

Postby Harmonium » Mon May 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Story time. I typically don't get interdicted unless I choose to fight. Last night I had a heart-pounding experience that hasn't happened to me before.

I was in my stripped down passenger Anaconda taking 3 sightseers to 6 different locations all over the bubble. On the way I was scanning and making discoveries, just taking my time. All my passengers were clean and I had no cargo.

Suddenly, instead of the usual wedding barge messages I'm accustomed to, I got a "found you" message instead. No reason for concern I'll just evade him and continue my travels.

Soon, he started the first interdiction and I easily avoided it. I figured that would be the last I saw of him, but a couple of systems later I get the same message, from the same NPC. Again I had to break his interdiction. This occurred a three more times as as I neared my final couple of sightseeing destinations, and I swear each time it became more difficult to break the interdiction. Same NPC each time. One message from him said "I don't have to explain, you know why I'm doing this", which was funny because I was actually baffled as to why this guy was hounding me so much.

At the second to last beacon, he warped in as I finished scanning. He appeared right next to me and started to turn towards me and scan. I quickly set up my destination and started boosting to the next system as his weapons started lighting me up. But my shields did their job, and I got away.

So now I just wanted to finish the last visitor's beacon and go home, I had some good discoveries to turn in and about $15 mil to collect from the tourists. I didn't want to die to an interdiction. As I closed in on the last beacon, another interdiction started. Almost right away I knew he had me. My Anaconda just didn't have the turning speed to escape the interdiction. The struggle lasted about a minute but eventually he pulled me out of supercruse. I immediately started boosting, I had no weapons or defence, just shields. I watched the FSD drive slowly cool down as his weapons started eating up my shields. He was way behind me but had pretty good long-range weapons. My shields continued to wear down and it was a race between the FSD cooldown and my sheild generator.

The shields held up and the FSD came online. I jumped away from the battle with only 4 jumps left to my home system. No need to fuel scoop, I had enough to make it. Jumping as quickly as I coudl in each system, I made it home safely without any further incident.

It was a close call, and pretty exhilirating once I made it to my station. It's also the first real struggle I've had with NPC interdictions. I might have to put a couple of chaff launchers on my Anaconda for the next time.

Mullock
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mullock
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: Interdicted!

Postby Mullock » Tue May 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Sounds awesome, If it was me I'd have made up a story for one of the passengers having a history and you just got dragged along!

pyreos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: PYREOS
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby pyreos » Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 am

I feel your excitement. I too have had some close calls. Glad you made it through. I have a strategy whereby I become allied with the factions of the system I reside in and a total douche to the factions of a few neighboring systems. If ever I'm chased in a enemy system I FSD to my home system where the Authority Vessels are all green and high-five me when I pass through (just teasing, they don't, they really don't). When I get Interdicted in my home system (ensure it's High Security and you're Clean), I just sit back and relax while the Authority Vessels kick the crap of the following Elite Anaconda and I simply pick up the lovely scrap afterwards! I normally put in a quick 'boot' into the ship just so I can get a reward. :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Wed May 16, 2018 10:51 am

Easy.

You where inadvertantly helping one of your femaie passengers escape her abusive husband, and he came after her.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

KyokoLioness
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kyoko Lioness
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby KyokoLioness » Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 pm

I’ve been in hairy situations like that before myself. Once, my canopy was almost destroyed before I managed to jump away. I had to limp back home on a severely cracked canopy and badly damaged subsystems, praying that I wouldn’t be interdicted again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every day is a Journey, and the Journey itself is Home.

Return to “General Discussion”