Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Bigmaec
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BigMaec
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Upcoming Conflict CG

Postby Bigmaec » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am

As the upcoming conflict CG (https://community.elitedangerous.com/en ... 9-MAR-3304) will be a competitive 2sided CG with a decal reward, what is the stance on the mobius servers regarding this CG ?

I bet there will be player on player incidents if it's really a combat zone event :?:

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Upcoming Conflict CG

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Bigmaec wrote:...

I bet there will be player on player incidents if it's really a combat zone event :?:

If there is, then the offending Commanders will be removed from the group if we receive a complaint with the appropriate evidence.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Bigmaec
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BigMaec

Postby Bigmaec » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Bigmaec wrote:...

If there is, then the offending Commanders will be removed from the group if we receive a complaint with the appropriate evidence.

Thanks for clarification. Due to the fact that everybody is fighting for the Federation it's thankfully just a giant NSC clubbing session :mrgreen:

Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown

Postby Renown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Just solo it, but wait a little while to see which side has the upper hand (most players) so when you join you will join the winning side and then receive the reward. It's what's everyone else is going to do.

Frontier in another not thinking it through properly shocker.

Ps. Looks like supporting Ross 310 Natural Service is the one to go for, they have 2729 (on Inara) at tier 4 of 8 already compared to only 270 at tier 1 of 8 for the other side.

rxay579
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: rxay579
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby rxay579 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:59 pm

I didn't get to make too many trips out to the CZ's but on one occasion, I found another CMDR and winged up. When it got crowded, I friended them, then we joined my CMDR private group and had the CZ all to ourselves. Can't have an accidental incident that way.

Also, don't join one side, join both sides. Trade off sides with your runs until one get a lead, then stick with that one. When it's all over, you cash in both sides. You come off as a total war profiteer, but that's why most of us flocked to a system we didn't otherwise care about.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 am

This CZ showed how tricky it can be with players and npcs. Sometimes the radar screen was all red. Now if another opposing player would have been among the red dots, it would have been near-impossible to see the hollow square between all the reds. We were just lucky that no incident happened and we only hit solid boxes.

You don't have much time to check upon whether it's hollow or not if you are jumped by NPCs. And Solo is not an option since winging up with other players that's the fun (and extremely effective), same as changing to an own group isn't a solution since winged up players often only stay for a bit -- it would overcomplicate things.

Yakito
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yakito

Postby Yakito » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:32 pm

I went to a site once and asked in Local if anybody was interested in going after the opposite faction for a bit. No answers, but I already picked Cartel as my side.
Soon enough, some player decided to go after me. Good thing I waked out. The dude never replied to the questions why he did it though.

Return to “General Discussion”