Reported for sitting in a dock (apologies)

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Renown
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Renown
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Reported for sitting in a dock (apologies)

Postby Renown » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Something I do in solo at busy stations is just watch the ships coming and going whilst checking out the services screen, perhaps FD could have a station visit option where after putting your ship in the hangar it frees up the hangar for others to use and your view changes to a window view down the station so you can go and do something else while waiting or watch the ships fly in and out, and crash and get shot by station defences for loitering. Basically an exit to the main menu without leaving the game. We could still have access to the station services too for contacts, accepting missions and passenger work.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:38 pm

I am with TorTorden there. I feel it's not the job of the group to police such things, that could escalate soon ("he shot the NPC I just wounded! Send the killstealer a ticket!"). This is not really the idea behind Mobius, at least how I understand it. And to use Mobius as a policing entity beyond PvP Griefers and Trolls would damage the spirit of the positive and friendly community.

Frequent pad blocking with many reports, yes. Just being in the way of another Commander, no. That'd go too far.

Bigmaec
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BigMaec

Postby Bigmaec » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:33 pm

With the last CG and the docking situation (only 1 M pad) I sent more then one CMDR the friendly (!) notice that he/she is blocking pads.

As OP shows many CMDRs don't know that being in the garage blocks the pad. I like to inform them of this situation, without switching to solo asap.

But I'm never rude or mean. And if someone has business on the pad, that's totally ok. But if one is afk'ing, I think it's fair for the hogging CMDR to log off.

And regarding kill-stealing (as I had that problem once): that is honestly very annoying and should be policed with regards to the policy if there are several reports for the same CMDR, simply because you can't do it the "open way" by wild west law - that's good by the way.

Just my 2cent o7

Olijke_Poffer
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bull Shark
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Olijke_Poffer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 am

A nice read. What about ships you own but parked in a station? Will those also occupy a pad?
I have Bennett Gateway in Okinura as my home base. I have several ships parked in that station..

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Olijke_Poffer wrote:A nice read. What about ships you own but parked in a station? Will those also occupy a pad?
I have Bennett Gateway in Okinura as my home base. I have several ships parked in that station..

They are fine, only the ship you are currently flying occupies a pad, the rest magically disappear due to handwavium
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Olijke_Poffer wrote:A nice read. What about ships you own but parked in a station? Will those also occupy a pad?

They are fine, only the ship you are currently flying occupies a pad, the rest magically disappear due to handwavium

I also think there can be many reason for people to suddenly have to leave.

For instance CMDR X is currently at home with a sick child or whatever.
Lots of downtime but suddenly him/her have to leave immediately.

When the solution to a blocked pad is as simple as mentioned, we can give people a little benefit of the doubt.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:49 pm

TorTorden wrote:
Xebeth wrote:

I also think there can be many reason for people to suddenly have to leave.

For instance CMDR X is currently at home with a sick child or whatever.
Lots of downtime but suddenly him/her have to leave immediately.

When the solution to a blocked pad is as simple as mentioned, we can give people a little benefit of the doubt.

Agreed, although the question in this instance was about ships that you have parked but are not using.

That aside, there are indeed lots of reasons why a ship could be occupying a pad, just the other day I had to answer the door, this lead to a "whilst you are down here, could you just...." from the wife.

I always just log into another mode if a pad is blocked, I certainly wouldn't complain to an Admin, I have better things to do, and a greater sence of perspective than that.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Xebeth wrote:That aside, there are indeed lots of reasons why a ship could be occupying a pad, just the other day I had to answer the door, this lead to a "whilst you are down here, could you just...." from the wife.

Kin ell.......

Someone actually married YOU........ :D

Know the feeling well....Get up to have a piss.....And it's Oh can you do this....Do that.....

Lucky we have our own group......

I just tell them to go fuck themselves.........

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Kin ell.......

Someone actually married YOU........ :D

It's amazing what you can get of the internet nowadays :D

(20 years this September .... [insert joke about getting less time for murder]...)

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Yea mine's also in September........

Can't forget the date........

It's the day war was declared......

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”