Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Elijah Winter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Elijah Winter
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

How do I know if Mobius is for me?

Postby Elijah Winter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 am

First off I am new to the game, like a week into it.

I hate PVP but in most online games I tend to be a solo player. I will join a guild and help out when I can but I don't have a mic and don't use anything to communicate other than the keyboard. I don't know if I am missing out on stuff by playing in Solo rather than in a private group, again because I am so new I just don't really know too much about the game yet and what I may be missing out on with other players in the game with me.

I think I am just worried that I will screw up or something and if I am in Solo play I don't have to worry about it. So how do I know if Mobius is right for me?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: How do I know if Mobius is for me?

Postby TorTorden » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am

Mobius is not a guild or anything like it.

It's simply a group where there is a chance for you to meet other people as you go about your business, often it is nothing more than a chat wave as you pass in the mail slot.
And the only rule is to not ruin someone else's game.
This pretty much boils down to simply "Don't shoot other players"
We do not care about what you do in other groups.
You can log into open and gank noobs all day long. As long you don't do so IN the mobius group they would be welcome.
If they do, the mods will ban them soon enough.

In some ways if you don't use the forums,Discord, or TS to group and mingle with other players. Mobius might be closer in gameplay to solo than open is.
Except for perhaps passing someone at a station or SC.

As for gameplay. Apart from that one rule. Mobius does not place any further demands or expectations on your play style.
You are free to do exactly as you want. and how you want it.
As long as it doesn't involve shooting players.
But you can that in open or any other group of you like.

I also personally find PvP utterly pointless in most cases, but winged combat in ED can be brilliant fun. And with the introduction of wing missions just now even better.

A mic would certainly be recommended for these things, just saying.
And practically handed out for free, or at least very cheaply.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

RyeEncoke wrote:...I think I am just worried that I will screw up or something...

I can think of a handful of commanders in Mobius PvE who screw up on a regular basis. Some would consider screwing up a prerequisite and a badge of honour. :)

As long as you don't intentionally shoot other commanders without their consent you're good to go.

Welcome aboard Commander.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:12 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
RyeEncoke wrote:...I think I am just worried that I will screw up or something...

I can think of a handful of commanders in Mobius PvE who screw up on a regular basis. Some would consider screwing up a prerequisite and a badge of honour. :)

Did someone call the A-Team??? :P

Seriously RyeEncoke, you can do everything in Mobius that you can do in solo. The only thing that you CAN'T do in Either, is shoot another commander. In Solo, there are no other Commanders, and in Mobius, its the rule that you can't shoot another one.

Want to be an ass and attack a station? Want to drop F-Bombs while you kill Wanted ships in a RES? Want to get drunk and drive your SRV off a cliff for shits and giggles? You can do that here. in fact, WE HAVE done that here.

The only difference, is that you will occasionally see other commanders in busy systems and stations. Wave, say hello, chat, or ignore them and pretend they are just really weird NPC's with typing problems but better vocabulary and less repetitive lines, whatever floats your boat.

I don't see many others where I usually hang out, but do occasionally at Engineers or busy stations. I tend to say hello and go about my business. Unless I see Xebeth, or JohnLuke. Then I boost up to ramming speed and say hello A-Team Style :) (We had to stop firing Dumbfire missiles in their face as a greeting since shooting Cmdrs. are against the rules, but they didn't say anything about ramming them while screaming HOWDY!!!)

Who knows, you may just end up with a great bunch of Asshats of your own that you end up playing with till all hours of drunk and end up a little morning in the process.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:13 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:

As long as you don't intentionally shoot other commanders without their consent you're good to go.

Welcome aboard Commander.

*Cough* :oops:

Can I just say that I have cornered the market on screwing up - ask any of the A-Team.. so screwing up isn't an issue.. :D

"Who takes engineering goodies in to a Has Res?" - ahem... :(

o7 Dawg

PS - get a mic.. Marvellous :D :D
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Elijah Winter
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Elijah Winter

Postby Elijah Winter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:06 pm

thanks all, I appreciate the....encouragement? heheheehe

but you have all put my mind at ease about switching over to private from solo.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi RyeEncoke, the others have summed it up well, if you like the idea of running into the occasional other Commander, but have no wish to attack them, or be attacked by them, then Mobius is perfect for you.

If you like the idea of having the opportunity to wing-up if you want to, or not bother if you never want to, then Mobius is perfect for you.

If you like the idea of supporting a well run Player Faction, or not bothering at all, then Mobius is perfect for you

Basically Mobius gives you the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a multiplayer environments without any of the less desirable aspects, what you do with that opportunity is completely up to you as long as you follow our one simple rule.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 pm

All above is spot on.......

So don't be afraid of fecking up.......

As Dawg says, HE, without a shadow of a doubt has cornered the market on that one......

Words fail me.....There is nothing in the dictionary that can describe that level of ineptitude........

:D

But seriously get a mic......Typing in combat is a no no and typing in combat and VR is non existant.....

Wing up with the right people and they will teach you everything and you'll probably earn shit loads whilst learning.....

Or if not that way inclined......Just go do what ya wanna do in the knowledge no one apart from NPC's will attack you.....

THAT is Mobius...........

Fly safe.......What ever you decide to do............

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey

Postby yah-ta-hey » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 am

RyeEncoke wrote:First off I am new to the game, like a week into it.

I hate PVP but in most online games I tend to be a solo player. I will join a guild and help out when I can but I don't have a mic and don't use anything to communicate other than the keyboard. I don't know if I am missing out on stuff by playing in Solo rather than in a private group, again because I am so new I just don't really know too much about the game yet and what I may be missing out on with other players in the game with me.

I think I am just worried that I will screw up or something and if I am in Solo play I don't have to worry about it. So how do I know if Mobius is right for me?

40,000 and growing can't be all bad for you. try it out the water is fine. cheers
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkminded

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:34 am

RyeEncoke wrote:First off I am new to the game, like a week into it.

The game it self in open play is mostly a lonesome activity, player groups are for people that like to do community efforts, so if doing missions is for making credits, you are better of playing by your self, if you like to interact with other people, then join a group, and be a team player

Enviado do meu D2403 através do Tapatalk
Viscount Darkminded, Diplomat of the Empire, Preceptor of The White Templars

Return to “General Discussion”