Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Thinking of throwing the towel in

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby pargyrak » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:34 am

I am sorry to hear that CMDR. I agree with the rest, gams should be a source of fun and enjoyment.

Perhaps you would be coming back to explore the wonders of the ED galaxy.

Till that time take care!
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am

It will be sad to see you go. But if the game is frustrating you more than it is giving you enjoyment, giving it a miss is the right choice.

Still, I do hope you stay around the forums or Discord, and perhaps log in now and again and take control of someone's turrets in multi-crew just for laughs. All the best.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Nelina
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Nelina Dag'thul

Postby Nelina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Sorry to hear, but if its not fun anymore, its the right decision.

Maybe your condition will get better or maybe you could enjoy ED with a diffrent playstyle like beeing an explorer with voice-attack.

Good Luck to you.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 am

Thank you commanders for all your kind comments. The condition I have, while the severity can fluctuate within a ball park level of difficulty its currently at, its not the kind of illness that gets better. It levels off at a certain level and you hope you don't have a relapse to push the bar a bit further.

I think I am going to just sit on my thoughts for a while and then having read so many comments about doing other things in the game, I think I would probably have no problem going to a distance part of the galaxy and exploring. Not sure how much fun I would find in that, I have always in the past found the enjoyment to be the different activities you can enjoy. Blasting some Anaconda to bits is such fun, but then maybe I will learn to appreciate being the first to find something really interesting far far away.

My condition does not prevent me physically building things and I have been thinking about etching out some kind of control board, fitting some micro or pressure switches, and making something that that I can map six to ten important functions to a control panel operated by my feet. Necessity is the mother of invention. :D

Whatever I decided, I think I am definitely going to stay around the forums, if I can't actively participate in oom, I can still cheer it on.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 pm

DarkMere wrote:...I think I am going to just sit on my thoughts for a while ...

Not to be confused with cutting the cheese... :roll:

Sorry, I'll get my Conda.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:36 am

Really, REALLY!!! has it been over a year since I was here? Seems so and it only feels like half that time. Have you missed me? Don't all shout NO at once.

I have had maybe 4 months of really good health, and taking my drugs like a good little commander am managing to use my hands to fairly good effect on the old joystick. Today (after having to upgrade a lot) I took one of my ships out of the hanger. I can't fly any more! :lol: . After a lot of messing I got out of the station, got to another star after figuring out what button was mapped to my landing gear, likewise for FSD activation, did the loop of shame twice as I could not remember how to approach another station. Finally remembered and came out of FSD. Could not remember how to request docking, by the time I had figured it out I had crashed into the mail slot. I got stuck on the grid (I was only in my tiny Cobra III) and after due warning got blasted out of existence. All good fun.

I was sure when I threw the towel in 14 months ago that I would have to give up Elite permanently, but my abilities are better now than back then, so I am thinking of investing time in it all over again, as long as I can learn to get in and out of the mail slot again. :D Yes I do have computer docking but I normally override it as it takes too long, but yes, now that I have remembered how to request docking thats one problem sorted.

So going to see how it goes over the next few days. I have a feeling that I will remember everything very quickly. Has there been many changes over the last 14 months that fundamentally changes things?

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:08 am

These fragile bodies we careen around in should come with guarantees :)
It is heartening to know you have such a great attitude about it, and coming along well by the looks of it.
Dare I say WELCOME BACK! ?

There's a new big update soon(ish), but the previous one added a bunch of explorer bits and bobs.. New space scanners, weapons and science modes... a bunch of buttons to rebind... (Most of us suggest you use the default and change what you need)

Oh, and deep core mining.. "KABOOOMMM!!!"
..and the 'goids have snuck in closer to the bubble... nasty little buggers.

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 am

DarkMere wrote:Really, REALLY!!! has it been over a year since I was here? Seems so and it only feels like half that time. Have you missed me? Don't all shout NO at once.

I have had maybe 4 months of really good health, and taking my drugs like a good little commander am managing to use my hands to fairly good effect on the old joystick. Today (after having to upgrade a lot) I took one of my ships out of the hanger. I can't fly any more! :lol: . After a lot of messing I got out of the station, got to another star after figuring out what button was mapped to my landing gear, likewise for FSD activation, did the loop of shame twice as I could not remember how to approach another station. Finally remembered and came out of FSD. Could not remember how to request docking, by the time I had figured it out I had crashed into the mail slot. I got stuck on the grid (I was only in my tiny Cobra III) and after due warning got blasted out of existence. All good fun.

I was sure when I threw the towel in 14 months ago that I would have to give up Elite permanently, but my abilities are better now than back then, so I am thinking of investing time in it all over again, as long as I can learn to get in and out of the mail slot again. :D Yes I do have computer docking but I normally override it as it takes too long, but yes, now that I have remembered how to request docking thats one problem sorted.

So going to see how it goes over the next few days. I have a feeling that I will remember everything very quickly. Has there been many changes over the last 14 months that fundamentally changes things?

Good to have you back CMDR DarkMere!
I myself like the changes to the exploration kind of things the most... but then again I'm an explorer ;)

Wish you the best of health and hope to meet you in the Black one day !
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Saberius wrote:.....Dare I say WELCOME BACK! ?

Well I intended to stay when I stopped playing but somehow it feels/felt wrong to be commenting on a game that I had lost touch with. We will see as I did make some good friends here.

Return to “General Discussion”