Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: FOR FREAKIN' REAL!?!

Postby raorn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm

When I stacked Disable Power Grid missions, it was medium or small settlement and I was allied with target faction. Land in a kilometer away, dismiss ship, approach the settlement, cross the perimeter and quickly go to the generator before timer runs out. Now blow it up and run away ignoring turrets and skimmers. They wont follow you farther than 1-1.5km. Now reload and repeat - you will be allied again. And even if you are killed - you appear in your ship 30 km above.

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Metcalf seems to have 5 generators and it's +++ (large?, high sec?)

I just returned in my slightly improved clipper and took out 1 more. The defense ships chased me but I left them in the dust, SC out and back in and they were gone. I got 2 more gennys on my second pass but ate a rebuy when I misjudged a turn and bounced. (I'm not familiar with the DD clipper handling. It goes fast, but doesn't want to stop going fast in hurry).

I didn't notice any point defense around the AA platform gennys.

I guess if you can tank the incoming, then missiles or plasma on all the generators then reload should be pretty quick. Maybe even skipping the defended one in the middle...

Lets say you did them all, 20 missions == 4 reloads/resets. 20x1.7 (not sure if the rewards improve at allied or with a higher combat rank) gets you 34m per trip.
You'd need to complete 20 (stacked) missions every 10 minutes to make 200m as I understand it (~6 trips an hour). This includes departure and return flights and board flipping both to gather 20 missions and board flipping to reset the target, unless SC resets it too. I'm not sure what happens when you board flip in orbit.

Seems kinda dubious to me. Shipping my vette out from Shinrarta atm though. Will investigate further.

Maybe if you could manage to do this in a cheap ship somehow, you could skip the return flight by way of the suicide express.
Heatsinks.. Silent running? I dunno.

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 pm

It's a breeze in the vette, which isn't really surprising. If plasmas work and aren't intercepted by point defence, they may be a better option as I needed to close range a few times to prevent the missiles from being taken out. Precision aiming is hard though with it wobbling all over the shop.

raorn, any thoughts on why this system is significant?

Off the top of my head I'd say that there's only 1 populated planet and it has at least 1 dockable destination and only 1 large, high sec target.

stations.jsonl entries:
► Show Spoiler

Settlement size and security status isn't imported in your ruby script atm, but I guess it could be. body_id could be useful too.

I had a quick look on eddb and found a couple more potential candidates which I might check out.

Deal
Novice
Novice

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Surprisingly, there are only 67 systems with large high security bases known to eddb.

► Show Spoiler

I checked about 40-50% of these by hand by pluging the ids into eddb and only found a couple of candidates. One was adjacent to Cubeo so I nipped over and flipped the board a few times. Nothing. Maybe something non obvious is at work when determining what missions are available. (some nuance of the BGS that is lost on me atm or private procedural data). :?

raorn
Competent
Competent
CMDR: raorn
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby raorn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:50 pm

I believe it depends on what faction that base belongs to, it's relations with other factions, current state and other BGS stuff.

Return to “General Discussion”