Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
AJStoner
Competent
Competent
CMDR: A.J. Stoner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

FOR FREAKIN' REAL!?!

Postby AJStoner » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Okay, I took a few weeks break from the game and came back to grind for some cash to get ready for the new ships and find the passenger missions have dropped in value by 90%. 90-fucking-percent! What the actual fuck? What's next, do we start paying people to bring them places? Why does Frontier have this "Screw the players at all costs" mentality?
Aim to please; shoot to kill.

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: FOR FREAKIN' REAL!?!

Postby Trinity Star » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Because the usual suspects on the official forums started crying because people were having fun, which must be nerfed at all costs.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 pm

They disabled the distance to station thing because people whinged about the whole Smeaton Orbital debacle, apparently it's only temporary while they "balance".

Still plenty of ways of making money however, I made 50M just running Boom delivery missions, tourist missions still pay the same, Meds to outbreak systems are good if you have the ship, and I'm still seeing the same cash from RES.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:10 am

Said it before, yes I do have fun with the Team but rl precludes getting together all the time. For me it was the only counter left, after that 50 does not really hack it. Mms with 70m for 108 would be a nice balance (cut out the board bouncing by all means that way) more killing more fun!

CMDR_Krusty23
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: krusty23

Postby CMDR_Krusty23 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:45 am

Xebeth wrote:They disabled the distance to station thing because people whinged about the whole Smeaton Orbital debacle, apparently it's only temporary while they "balance".

Still plenty of ways of making money however, I made 50M just running Boom delivery missions, tourist missions still pay the same, Meds to outbreak systems are good if you have the ship, and I'm still seeing the same cash from RES.

*THIS*

I'v been plesently surprised how much you can make in a Python running haulage missions in a Boom system you're friendly with.
I can get about 3M cr for a 120T delivery and I can do a couple per run, plus any other 'odd' jobs they offer.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:32 pm

2.4 billion credits.

That's all this game has for you to spend.
This includes all ships, including upcoming chieftain. Once you have that you can have any ship. with the best off the shelf fittings available.
And a comfortable cushion for rebuys.

Apart from a few standing locked ones. And engineering.

The latest tourist mine was simply terrible game play.
First an hour of board cycling. A task so tedious I'd rather be doing spreadsheets for work.

Followed by supercruising in a straight line for 50 Minutes.
The old poop runs out of Sothis was more engaging. But only almost as bad.

And quite frankly you can make plenty Cr. By just playing the game.
No board cycling needed.

I recommend people play the game and focus on fun.
You will have plenty money in short order. And even it takes three weeks to make that billion, that's with very relaxed play, than a week of the old passenger grind. I'd much rather take the first option.

Skimmer kill missions still click in at up to 8 mil per.
Planet scans in the right system states as much as 3 mil. And many other available mission types.

CZ massacre missions up to 20-25 mil. you might have to get 108 kills. But that's two trips to the cz in my corvette.

Don't say that's because I'm elite, Personal rank means nearly nothing when compared to local faction, standing and mission payout.

You can do these missions apart from the cz ones in a sidewinder if need be.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Funny, I had nothing to do with this, but when I heard what passenger missions were paying, I had that same thought - are you for freakin' real? - but I didn't say real. :roll: (nods to "A Christmas Story")

When it came to ship transfers, I did want it to cost something and take some time, but if I can fly out to Colonia in a week and make 75 million in exploration while I'm at it, why on earth does it take so long and cost so much in game?

FD, and Sandro in particular, are just stupid idiots that love PvP. :P
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:Funny, I had nothing to do with this, but when I heard what passenger missions were paying, I had that same thought - are you for freakin' real? - but I didn't say real. :roll: (nods to "A Christmas Story")

When it came to ship transfers, I did want it to cost something and take some time, but if I can fly out to Colonia in a week and make 75 million in exploration while I'm at it, why on earth does it take so long and cost so much in game?

FD, and Sandro in particular, are just stupid idiots that love PvP. :P

He doesn't actually love PVP, he likes to believe that he loves the idea of PVP.
Then again, it's not as if anyone there actually plays the game.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 pm

I enjoy finding ways to and making money.

Deal
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deal

Postby Deal » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:24 pm

I've read that cut the power missions in Cubeo can earn you 200 mil per hour. I've been unable to find details as of yet, but having gained friendly rep with the local pirates (an easy task since all the VIP transport missions from Roksam Roskam are +++ rep), I was able to stack 10 +1.7m credit cut the power missions easily. (I could have stacked more but wanted to find out what was involved).

The target is heavily defended with point defenses that limit the usefulness of missiles. I took my clipper in for a close flyby and took out one genny, which updated one mission (I was close enough that the point defenses couldn't take out my missiles in time). Not yet sure how these things respawn or if there are other gennys around to complete more missions. There were a couple of security ships circling, one was a conda. I didn't tackle those since my ship wasn't geared for combat at all.

Hit and run tactics may not be viable unless I've missed a trick here. My clipper got shredded in seconds and only her incredible speed saved my scrawny nerd behind. She only had a paltry 3C bi weave shield though, which I just threw on because it was in storage, but you will need to hang around or return to complete your quota.

It looks like it might actually be fun, if I can figure out how to complete the quota efficiently. I might try some shock and awe with the vette and have a good look around, but if you need a partly engineered vette to do this, it's not going to be a viable bootstrapper for new/poor players.

You could wing up to help new players earn some wedge though, which is nice.

Return to “General Discussion”