Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Keshek
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Keshek
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Mobius Mode Members

Postby Keshek » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm

AndyB wrote:that was the figure on jan 3rd, another 200 have joined since then and we are getting 20 - 30 more joins a day. in short, it wont be underpopulated for long.

I get that its growing rapidly, but if that growth is entirely new players (likely driven by holiday sales), then there's still the issue that all of the more experienced players - and whatever community they've developed - are segregated into a separate group.

Again, I get that this is out of your control, but it does dramatically change my perception of the group. I suppose its still usable as for its core purpose of being a safe PvE mode that's not *entirely* solo, but it makes me think I'll have to look to other, smaller groups for player interactions.

I'll definitely send some feedback in the direction of FDev, but looking at the history of the game's development I'm not going to get my hopes up!

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:00 am

Keshek wrote:
AndyB wrote:that was the figure on jan 3rd, another 200 have joined since then and we are getting 20 - 30 more joins a day. in short, it wont be underpopulated for long.

I get that its growing rapidly, but if that growth is entirely new players (likely driven by holiday sales), then there's still the issue that all of the more experienced players - and whatever community they've developed - are segregated into a separate group.

Again, I get that this is out of your control, but it does dramatically change my perception of the group. I suppose its still usable as for its core purpose of being a safe PvE mode that's not *entirely* solo, but it makes me think I'll have to look to other, smaller groups for player interactions.

I'll definitely send some feedback in the direction of FDev, but looking at the history of the game's development I'm not going to get my hopes up!

if the new group was just made up of new members you may have a point but as it stands anyone from that region can join, even if they are a member of the original group for the region, Mobius PvE.

the way it's set up is so that over time, Mobius PvE America will be filled with all the active members of the region as both existing and new members fill the group up, then when the replacement group hits 10,000 members we plan to disband the original group to purge it of inactive members and put it back on the shelf ready for when Mobius PvE America gets full again. in this way we hope to ensure that the most number of active users can coexist in a single group, rather than the group being half full of people who haven't played the game in months.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Keshek
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Keshek

Postby Keshek » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm

AndyB wrote:if the new group was just made up of new members you may have a point but as it stands anyone from that region can join, even if they are a member of the original group for the region, Mobius PvE.

the way it's set up is so that over time, Mobius PvE America will be filled with all the active members of the region as both existing and new members fill the group up, then when the replacement group hits 10,000 members we plan to disband the original group to purge it of inactive members and put it back on the shelf ready for when Mobius PvE America gets full again. in this way we hope to ensure that the most number of active users can coexist in a single group, rather than the group being half full of people who haven't played the game in months.

Oh, interesting! So you're using it as a mechanism for purging inactive members, that's clever. I mean, it's ridiculous that a 3+ year old pseudo-MMO doesn't have group management tools and is forcing you to do it this way, but if this approach works it works.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation!

Akzel_Solid
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akzel Solid
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Akzel_Solid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:53 am

I'm sorry for necroing this thread, but how many people are registered in Mobius PVE Americas? Even inside the bubble I never saw anyone (or even at the popular Sothis/Ceos loop).

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Akzel_Solid wrote:I'm sorry for necroing this thread, but how many people are registered in Mobius PVE Americas? Even inside the bubble I never saw anyone (or even at the popular Sothis/Ceos loop).

Can't help you. I'm in the other one. And don't log on much any more. If you've added friends from the friend list, you should see green icons on your galaxy map showing their location.

Edit: but usually at CGs, Engineers or maybe Azrael.

Welcome aboard by the way. :)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Akzel_Solid wrote:I'm sorry for necroing this thread, but how many people are registered in Mobius PVE Americas? Even inside the bubble I never saw anyone (or even at the popular Sothis/Ceos loop).

If you go to the main menu in the game, then click on 'friends and private groups', then click on 'groups', it will show you how many players are in each private group that you are a member of.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello Commander JohnLuke, do I have to resubmit an application to rejoin Mobius PVE? May as well hop in and have some more fun.

Regards,
John
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”