Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DeepCut
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DEEPCUT
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Enjoying the game much more now ...

Postby DeepCut » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Very glad i found this site, lots of useful info and helpful people :)

Am playing PVE now, so nice not to have full-up docking bays or people trying to interdict me all the time (i haven't lost an interdiction battle yet).

Kind of odd that you can more safely earn cash in Solo and stil have the same balance in Open ?

Kind of good, too, since you can take all that cash and get a souped-up ship for combat in Open play ;+}

Kiltrathi mentioned something about 'warzones', what's all that about then ?

Off to space now :)

Cheers,

deepy

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: Enjoying the game much more now ...

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Warzones are what they sound like. They occur in some systems, either because there's a civil war or because there's a conflict between factions with different allegiances.

Here's how that works:
1. You learn about war in a system, either from Galnet or from word of mouth
2. You get to that system, and look for conflict zones. They appear in the navigation panel when you get near them.
3. You get there and drop out of SC like usual. Wait a few seconds and ships start spawning around you.
4. You chose your side from the Faction item of the Functions tab of the right panel.
5. Ships from the same faction turn green in your scanner, and ships from the opposite faction turn red.
6. Kill as many enemy ships as possible.
7. Get to a station's Contact menu > Combat Bond Contact, and cash 3000 cr for each ship you destroyed.

Easy peasy. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon

Postby Zarkon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 pm

You can also pull up the system maps, click on any station and check it's "state" on the Info screen. If it says 'civil war' then there should be conflict zones near the station(s). It takes a long time to find a battle that way, so best to just read the GalNet News for any current conflicts.

Also, before going into combat, check to see what factions control which stations. That's where you'll have to go to cash in the combat vouchers afterwards, depending on which side you fight for.

pgrunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PGRUNT

Postby pgrunt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:27 am

Flip wrote:Warzones are what they sound like. They occur in some systems, either because there's a civil war or because there's a conflict between factions with different allegiances.

Here's how that works:
1. You learn about war in a system, either from Galnet or from word of mouth
2. You get to that system, and look for conflict zones. They appear in the navigation panel when you get near them.
3. You get there and drop out of SC like usual. Wait a few seconds and ships start spawning around you.
4. You chose your side from the Faction item of the Functions tab of the right panel.
5. Ships from the same faction turn green in your scanner, and ships from the opposite faction turn red.
6. Kill as many enemy ships as possible.
7. Get to a station's Contact menu > Combat Bond Contact, and cash 3000 cr for each ship you destroyed.

8. Lose reputation with the opposing faction.

It is worth thinking about this if you're also a trader. :roll:

Rocoloco
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Rocoloco

Postby Rocoloco » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:42 am

You managed to get into the server already? I requested more than a week ago :(
CMDR Rocoloco: Space trucker by day, freelancer by night.

pgrunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PGRUNT

Postby pgrunt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am

Rocoloco wrote:You managed to get into the server already? I requested more than a week ago :(

The game does not allow more players into a group than what we have now.
We need to wait for a patch that raises the limit.

DeepCut
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DEEPCUT

Postby DeepCut » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks for the detailed info, i haven't seen a conflict zone yet on my travels, what a great idea that we can choose sides and join in, i was under the impression that we could bolster or hinder an economy and cause civil wars but never witness them.

Where can i find details about how this works because it's not in the manual, i assume we have to be in a private group in order that we all appear together ?

I also read that instances are used, which apparently made it hard for people in Open play to meet up, i don't like the sound of that, sounds too much like the MMORPG, dungeon-raiding games where there isn't a cohesive world.

Where can i find out more about this ? I'm not being lazy but if people here already know then it will save me time.

See you in The Void ;+}

deepy

Return to “General Discussion”