Slamdance Kozmopolis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Slamdance Kozmopolis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: New anti thargoid weapons

Postby Slamdance Kozmopolis » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:
Caliente wrote:Hey everybody. I´d really like to join the fight against the Thargoids but I can´t afford a half-decent T-10 for a long time. Haven´t played for a while and my limited time makes grinding difficult. What´s the smallest possible - and sensible - ship to join the fight in?

I believe the Fed ships are the best suited so armour tanked FAS, Dropship, FGS. You'll probably need a wing too.

Yeah, I tried to solo a Cyclops in a well armored/engineered FGS and failed several times. Unless you are an ace combat pilot, you'll need a wing.

Honestly, I'm not impressed with the weapon placement/firepower or speed of the T-10...

If you want to save up for a decent ship to solo Thargoids in, I think the Anaconda is a better choice. I finally managed to solo a Thargoid just the other day in my Anaconda.

I was using 4 large AXMC's and all the shields, boosters, shield cells, and HRM's I could stuff into the poor thing to do it.... I also needed G5 dirty drives.

I think I limped away with like 35% hull.*

*Your mileage may vary.

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: New anti thargoid weapons

Postby Pam Demonium » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 am

I thought the new thing was goo you stuff in a limpet and hose down bigger ships that was getting acid attacked.
I was just considering a loadout for the AspX.
Had not even considered repair limpets.

I flew repair ships in EVE for years. Also the Manicore that kilt ships at 235km away. Man the messed up EVE.

Return to “General Discussion”