Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Type 10 Defender Buyer's Guide

Postby Cometborne » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Loriath wrote:
sean_crow wrote:Or are you talking about "hidden" secondary effects on the optimal mass?

Yep. Roll on a Power Plant and you get a surprise mass drop. happens on weapons too sometimes.

In theory, yes. In practice with the Type-10 Defender, even a god-jesus-and-all-angels-roll with a 50% secondary mass bonus will only increase the range of a Type-10 Defender exploration build by 0.03 LY. The 3A power plant has a weight of 2.5 tons, which limits how much mass you can loose. The hull has a weight of 1200 tons, even loosing the full 2.5 tons will not help much.

That being said, I like the Type-10 as exploration vessel. I am currently parked near Colonia with mine mine and will take it on the Beagle Point Expedition that leaves Colonia on January 20th. The Type-10 gives me the cockpit view of the AspX without suffering from the farting cow engine sound or the slot limitations. I am able to carry the same creature comforts (repair limpet controller, dual SRV bay, fighter hangar) as my cutter while having similar range (35.3 LY in my actual build). An anaconda could carry even more kit and has more range, but it also has the speed boat nose that I detest.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Camisade
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Talion Camisade

Postby Camisade » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

It's funny -- in most of these Defender owners/buyers discussions, I find a lot of comment about using this ship for other purposes than the one that the Alliance and Lakon Spaceways built it for. Usually those discussions are accompanied by a little grumbling about why it's not especially great at being a square peg in the round hole pilots are determined to jam it in.

But I see very little discussion about using the ship for the one thing it was intended -- killing Thargoids.

And, alas, what many say is that it's not especially great for that, either (with some solo hunters trying it and then dumping the T-10 in favor of (or to return to) killing Thargoids in one of the classic big three, with the 'Conda seeming to be the go-to favorite (and some intrepid daredevils actually solo'ing the flying flowers in *medium* ships).

For my part, I'm about to take my Defender down toward the beleaguered systems where Professor Palin lives. Yesterday, while on the way back from getting my new Cutter the DD5 treatment, almost every USS I came across while skipping from one star to the next was non-human. It seems to be getting to the point where you can't swing a cat without hitting one of those spaceborn weeds.

I sure hope all the time and money I've put into getting my Defender AX ready hasn't been wasted!

Ciddan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ciddan

Postby Ciddan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Can anyone suggest a good pve weapons loadout for the Type 10? Which slots would you turret, what kind of Engineering?

epoch5
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: epoch5
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby epoch5 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 am

I would like to see some suggested load outs for the T10 in PvE and PvP as well.

Return to “General Discussion”