Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DuskCrane431
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Type 10 due out next week....

Postby DuskCrane » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 am

I'm confused. So a war with the xeno scum Thargoids upon us, and the Alliance decides to partner up with Lakon? The guys who make cargo haulers?

That sounds like a great plan. I mean you could choose Faulcon DeLacey, the guys who make ACTUAL COMBAT SHIPS. But why bother?

It just doesn't make much sense. If it's a question about time to create a new ship versus just redesigning an existing model, then why not allow us to purchase military-spec ships or equipment. Come on, you think a vette used by the fed fleet has that crappy jump range?

Pardon my babbling. It's been a very long day with holiday prepping.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:18 am

selling corvettes to people who made it to Admiral by running the postal branch of the navy doesn't make any sense either :)
Letting civilian pilots start a war with an alien race we know virtually nothing about doesn't make any sense
Thargoids came back about what, 6 months ago? It's too short to develop a new ship. Seeing a brand new design in such short time would make no sense in any RP.
Modifying an existing frame for an emergency makes a whole lot of sense while new countermeasures get developped.

Really depends how you look at things, but all in all, the ED universe and Elite Dangerous itself is a pretty big mess :)

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 am

JohnLuke wrote:Type- 10 Announcement:

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en ... 65ab310fde

I can't wait to see it. No longer a space cow, but a space bull? :)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am

LeDoyen wrote:selling corvettes to people who made it to Admiral by running the postal branch of the navy doesn't make any sense either :)

If I'm going to be an Admiral, I want a fleet to command. And I refuse to accept a kingship without the concomitant kingdom.

DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby DuskCrane » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 am

I know it's difficult to develop a new ship that fits the ED lore, I just wish they had picked a different one. Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised and it might do okay?

Quick question, though; why is the Alliance leading the charge with new ships? In-game lore reasons aside, is Frontier finally showing some love to the Alliance? Will we need to start ranking up there for access to new goodies?

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:36 pm

DuskCrane wrote:Why is the Alliance leading the charge with new ships? In-game lore reasons aside, is Frontier finally showing some love to the Alliance?

Why not?
The Alliance adherents have been asking for this ever since the the Federal Corvette and the Imperial Cutter were introduced some time ago.

DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby DuskCrane » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm

I've got nothing against the Alliance, but I was curious why they had no faction-specific ships. I know Frontier has said they will be adding some, so I was wondering. I admit, I'm not read up on Alliance lore, so I thought there might be a lore-based reason we didn't have Alliance ships.

Anyway, the T10 might turn out alright. At the least, if trading runs start being interdicted by Thargoids, we can fight better and take more hits.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Lakon makes great ships. Well...one great ship... The Asp Explorer.. It may sound like a WW II bomber but I am using it now and love the jump range...
Hope the T-10 takes a bit from the Asp
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Return to “General Discussion”