Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DeepCut
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DEEPCUT
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Frequent connection drops ...

Postby DeepCut » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Anyone else been getting frequent connection drops today in Solo ?

I get them in Open but even more in Solo today.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: Frequent connection drops ...

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 pm

FWIW, I spent some time in game this afternoon (not in solo, but in Mobius') and I haven't got a single disco.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:20 pm

No trouble here. Very stable and profitable.

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Played almost all day today, (I've also been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 :) )...

I've played extensively in 'open play' , 'solo', and in 'Möbius' group. Haven't met one soul all day in 'open play' which makes me wonder what the player count is for my time zone.

That said I have suffered no drops in connection at all, and I've been downloading torrents at the same time an all. However I do have a 78mb fibre connection (upgraded today!!).

I use advanced system care pro to clean and boost my system so it might help you. I highly recommend it, I've used it for eleven years and always pay the yearly subscription fee. It has a tool to improve internet connection's....

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:37 am

Mobius is very bugged for me. Sometimes it lets me select it but i've never ever seen anyone actually ingame. In other cases - it says I'm not part of any groups so I can't even select it.

I play in open play and I keep getting DCs very often. Just now I've spent 15min chasing a sidewinder with a 28k bounty on his head through the system, finally cought up with him, got him out of supercruise and just when i started the fight - I DC... lost the bounty and my will to continue playing along with it :x
ImageImage

pgrunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PGRUNT

Postby pgrunt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:44 am

I've played a lot in the past week (8-9 hours a day), always in the group and never had connection issues except when the servers crashed once.
We flew together with CMDR Coenen several times in the same sytems and always seen each other on radar and on screen.
Used the ingame text chat extensively which disconnected a few times yesterday.
When this happened I had to select him again in the friends list, restart text chat and then I was able to answer all the time.
Sometimes it took 30 seconds from hitting Enter till the message was actually sent though.
We are friends ingame and are both playing from Europe that may help the match making.
I play the game on Windows Vista that is not even supported btw but it is rock solid. :)
My cable speed is max. 240/20 Mbit/s (guaranteed 60/5).

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 am

DeepCut wrote:Anyone else been getting frequent connection drops today in Solo ?

I get them in Open but even more in Solo today.

The only drops I get are due to some interference on the Homeplug setup I have which I'm still trying to bottle out.

I wrote a quick VB app that pings my router once every 10 seconds. If it fails it logs it and tries pinging a device this end of my Homeplug link and records the status of that. I can then see if it's a problem with the router or the Ethernet over power. I should expend it to a third address - one of the ED servers. I'll do that later.

Anyway - if you want something like that for diagnosis let me know.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 am

I was getting quite a few when in the group play on Thursday, but not in Solo. Yesterday seemed to be ok.
The worst connection issue I had was late Thursday night when I was disconnected mid purchase of a new FSD, I'd just purchased some military composite, when I logged back in - no FSD, no military composite, and 520K credits gone!! :? .
Have logged a ticket, waiting to hear back.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

DeepCut
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DEEPCUT

Postby DeepCut » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks for replies.

My connection is stable, the net doesn't drop just the connection to the game-servers.

Sometimes it's the matchmaking server and other times it's been the transaction server.

If you wnt to continually ping the router no need for a VB app, just do it in console :

ping -n 99999 192.168.0.1 (or your router IP)

This pings it 99999 times.

On second thoughts, that pings every second so a 10-second gap is a good idea, less overhead, not that there's much overhead at all in a ping.

Return to “General Discussion”