Akulla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akulla
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Returning player.

Postby Akulla » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I started playing back when the game and the Mobius group were in beta, played for a couple months and had to take a break due to real life commitments.

I now have time to play a bit in the evenings, I'm in the Mobius PVE group, central time zone, been poking around and have yet to see anyone but that was to be expected.

I have a couple questions, a lot has changed within the group and game.

What are Mobius Factions,what are the benefits to joining this/these groups?

I currently fly a Asp Scout, using it to do passenger missions, it doesn't seem very profitable but the mission system seems to have changed, I used to just haul commodities missions but I don't see those anymore. I've done a bit of bounty hunting in the past but it'll take time to get my flying skills but up to par, suggestions for better credit making?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Returning player.

Postby Xebeth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Akulla wrote: What are Mobius Factions,what are the benefits to joining this/these groups?

Mobius Factions are for supporters of the group's player factions 'The Order of Mobius' in Azrael and 'MCRN' out in Colonia, there is no specific advantage to the group, it's just a place for people who are working for the factions to play knowing everyone else in the group is doing similar.

Akulla wrote:I currently fly a Asp Scout, using it to do passenger missions, it doesn't seem very profitable but the mission system seems to have changed, I used to just haul commodities missions but I don't see those anymore. I've done a bit of bounty hunting in the past but it'll take time to get my flying skills but up to par, suggestions for better credit making?

The mission boards have been through several "re-workings", you really need to be allied now to get the best missions, and the 'state' (war, famine, boom, etc) of the system has a bigger effect now. The biggest payout at the moment seems to be bulk (i.e. not tourist or VIP) passenger missions where the destination station is a long (tens of thousands of ls) distance from the main star.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 am

tens of thousand ls is an understatement.

The one route yet to be nerfed is 1.9 million ls and takes about 40+ minutes in SC.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Akulla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akulla

Postby Akulla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions, I appreciate it.

Regarding joining one of the power play groups, I understand that by doing so that leaves you open to unopposed attack by the rival power play groups?

Do rival groups tend to travel in the sphere of influence of the other groups?

I'm just trying to decide at what point what I feel comfortable joining a group and able to fend off such attacks while I continue doing missions.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Akulla wrote:Thank you for taking time to answer my questions, I appreciate it.

Regarding joining one of the power play groups, I understand that by doing so that leaves you open to unopposed attack by the rival power play groups?

Do rival groups tend to travel in the sphere of influence of the other groups?

I'm just trying to decide at what point what I feel comfortable joining a group and able to fend off such attacks while I continue doing missions.

Its been diluted a fair bit, except for a few special case areas where rival faction npc's spawn, like resource sites in their controlled space you are pretty much safe.

It's meant I believe more like an implementation for consensual PVP. In theory.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Discussion”